I was having issues with my storm2, so I ditched it (once again) and went back to my trusty 9700 .

I like a lot of phones because of what they offer.
    HD2 offers the 4.3 inch screen (gorgeous).
    the Incredible / Desire offer Amoled displays (gorgeous)
    the iphone (something...)

But they're no BB . hehe I'm always back to BB.
    05-16-10 10:25 AM
    To all the people saying it's "user error", that's total bs. Everybody knows this phone is full of bugs and problems. And other issues like the fact that there isn't one single browser that works well on the storm, including the native one. That's not user error. Nor are the screen issues. Constant battery pulls. My old htc never once needed battery pull. Now, I'm not one of those that has bashed the storm, and I'd love it if it worked properly, but in a lot of ways it simply doesn't and I don't blame any of the people who feel they'd just had enough. This is my fourth blackberry and by far the coolest, but also by far the buggiest and most annoying to keep running smooth.

And it's also kind of funny at how upset and defensive some people are getting at another person saying their phone sucks. It's a freaking phone. lol
    Last edited by bamalamwoahblackberry; 05-16-10 at 10:36 AM.
    05-16-10 10:32 AM
    "Constant battery pulls"?????
    What the heck are you doing? I never need to pull the battery. I don't even reboot the thing except after making software changes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 10:39 AM
    To all the people saying it's "user error", that's total bs. Everybody knows this phone is full of bugs and problems. And other issues like the fact that there isn't one single browser that works well on the storm, including the native one. That's not user error. Nor are the screen issues. Constant battery pulls. My old htc never once needed battery pull. Now, I'm not one of those that has bashed the storm, and I'd love it if it worked properly, but in a lot of ways it simply doesn't and I don't blame any of the people who feel they'd just had enough. This is my fourth blackberry and by far the coolest, but also by far the buggiest and most annoying to keep running smooth.

And it's also kind of funny at how upset and defensive some people are getting at another person saying their phone sucks. It's a freaking phone. lol
    My experience with the phone has convinced me that applications tend to cause the most grief. You may disagree with that assessment, but I'm not going to belabor the point to convince you.

As far as "it's a freaking phone", I've said this countless times--"it's just a phone!". (ala Lester Burnham, from American Beauty, in reference to a couch. an Italian silk couch, no less! LOL! )
    05-16-10 11:00 AM
    My experience with the phone has convinced me that applications tend to cause the most grief.

I don't disagree. All I know is they *shouldn't* cause grief. I have a very limited list of apps on my phone though. Yeah, there are going to be people who have minimal issues, but that doesn't mean that people who do have issues just don't know what they are doing.
    That's no different than a person blaming all the people who had car accidents when toyota accelerators were sticking on "user error" simply because their own accelerator didn't stick. Strange analogy yeah, but it applies.
    05-16-10 11:20 AM
    Swapped from a wonky HTC Touch Pro to a Storm 2. Only had it for a few days and already really liking it. Now I will admit I will be seriously looking at the Mobile 7 devices when they ship as I have a Zune HD and it runs a close version of OS, but for now I am really impressed with my Storm 2. Only complaint....damn messages "catch all" folder.
    05-16-10 11:28 AM
    I'm on Storm #6. Storm2 currently is my 3rd. This devuce is very capable. I simply find this device too costly to maintain and own as time =money. Too much lag and battery pulls make it less reliable.

05-16-10 12:05 PM
    Hmmm....I've got an S2; my wife has an S2...neither one is "wonky". (just curious--since you no longer have a Storm, why are you here?)
    It is called emo trolling. Don't feed the trolls.

05-16-10 12:44 PM
    Well I must say its time to get rid of the Storm 2. I cant the screen click problems, bluetooth problems, screen lock problems any longer. I received my Droid Eris last night and even though it takes a litle getting used to Im really liking it. The form factor, size and weight blows the Storm 2 out of the water for me anyway. Sorry to see it go but its plain and simple a crappy device.
    What a bunch of F'kin Bull Crap! Droid Drone!
    05-16-10 01:29 PM
    I'm on Storm #6. Storm2 currently is my 3rd. This devuce is very capable. I simply find this device too costly to maintain and own as time =money. Too much lag and battery pulls make it less reliable.

Is anyone else skeptical of this? I wonder what apps you downloaded to make your phone act like that.
    05-16-10 02:19 PM
    Is anyone else skeptical of this? I wonder what apps you downloaded to make your phone act like that.
    agreed. the only time I have to reboot the phone is when I install a poorly written app, when I delete an app, or when a newly installed app acts weird and it's a known issue that the phone must be rebooted following it's installation. oh, and one other reason is the rare time when my phone gets slow (dialing delays)--then a reboot cures that, and like I said that's a RARE occurrence.
    05-16-10 04:33 PM
    Good luck with your female only device

05-16-10 05:46 PM
    Good luck with your female only device

Lol, my sis has one (or had one) which makes this a little more humorous. Anyway, its too bad that you didn't have a good experience with the storm. I admit that it does have some quirks but it really is a great device. I briefly used my bro's droid and was too used to the storm to really give it a chance. In the end it all depends on what you want to do with the phone.

All phones have their issues though and given enough time I assume that you will find issues with your eris. The question is how much they affect the ability to use the phone properly.

05-16-10 08:55 PM
    I have tried and tried to give up the Storm and Storm2 and I keep coming back to them. If I could find a phone with a bigger screen and sure-press I would but I can't seem to find one.
    05-16-10 09:17 PM
    as someone who has never owned a touchscreen of any kind & never will maybe my comment is worthless. I am a Blackberry fanatic though. I have played around with Storm & other touch toys like the droids & I-toy & as blackberry nut I have to say the storm looks & feels like crap compared to the other toys
    05-16-10 10:02 PM
    as someone who has never owned a touchscreen of any kind & never will maybe my comment is worthless. I am a Blackberry fanatic though. I have played around with Storm & other touch toys like the droids & I-toy & as blackberry nut I have to say the storm looks & feels like crap compared to the other toys
    Your critique of the phone is duly noted. Now move along before you get beaten up. LOL! J/k.
    05-17-10 12:59 AM

LOL i do agree that people get bent out of shape on the forums over a phone. And yes, some of the issues are not user error. in reguards to your comment about no good browser, however, i do disagree. I am using opera mini (beta 2 cause i never bothered to update to the new one) and I have 0 problems with it. and i hardly ever have to do a battery pull. i think i have only done 5 since i bought the phone in january. However, if someone is having issues that make their expierence un-enjoyable, then yes, by all means find a phone that makes you happy.
    To each their own.
    05-17-10 11:24 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD