So I tried the .113 when it was leaked here on March 23rd. I used it for about 5 hours, and in a panic, went back to .75. Now I want to try .113 again and my DM will not recognize it.

I deleted the .75 file from my computer. Reinstalled the .113. Plugged in the device and opened DM. When I went to app loader and selected upgrade, It only gave me the choice of .65 (yikes!) or .75. Any suggestions?
    04-01-09 10:08 PM
    Make sure your computer is disconnected from the Internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 10:16 PM
    I called myself paying attention to that. I tried to upgrade it about 4 times to no avail. I may reboot my pc and try it again, making sure that I check the internet connection. Thanks!
    04-01-09 10:18 PM
    had the same, dunno what finally fixed it.

It could have been saying "Screw it!" at 5 am, uninstalling everything Blackberry related (Plazmic, JDE, DM, Blackberry Sync, OS) and starting from scratch.

Course at 5 am, I was kinda loopy too
    04-01-09 10:28 PM
    So I tried the .113 when it was leaked here on March 23rd. I used it for about 5 hours, and in a panic, went back to .75. Now I want to try .113 again and my DM will not recognize it.

I deleted the .75 file from my computer. Reinstalled the .113. Plugged in the device and opened DM. When I went to app loader and selected upgrade, It only gave me the choice of .65 (yikes!) or .75. Any suggestions?
    Delete the vendor file under program files > common files > research in motion > app loader >

It should recognize it then.
    04-01-09 10:31 PM
    instead of using DM, use the Loader.exe in the AppLoader folder. Make sure you also delete the Vendor.xlm file in that same folder. You can find it here on your PC:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    04-01-09 10:31 PM
    Folks its not that hard, and shouldn't take that long either. There are lots of threads explaining this process. Once you understand it, its cake.
    04-01-09 10:33 PM
    Don't have to startup your DM. Instead, double click on "Loader.exe" file.. It's located in: Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader > Loader.exe
    04-01-09 10:34 PM
    LOL, I think we have a concensus.
    04-01-09 10:35 PM
    "buckifvr" beats me to it...
    Don't have to startup your DM. Instead, double click on "Loader.exe" file.. It's located in: Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader > Loader.exe
    app loader or DM - only difference is if your on a BES DM will re activate your account. If you use app loader you will have to go back to your DM to reactivate your BES.
    LOL and Rellims beat me to the punch
    04-01-09 10:37 PM
    How sure are you that you really did downgrade from .113 to .75 last week? What's the off-chance the phone is still on .113?

04-01-09 10:38 PM
    Folks its not that hard, and shouldn't take that long either. There are lots of threads explaining this process. Once you understand it, its cake.
    I think it's the "understanding" part that is getting me! Thanks for all the help. I am working on it now.
    04-01-09 10:38 PM
    How sure are you that you really did downgrade from .113 to .75 last week? What's the off-chance the phone is still on .113?

Oh I am sure. Took me all of 5 minutes to downgrade. Boy was that a stupid move!
    04-01-09 10:39 PM

LOL, thats an interesting twist to the plot line of this thread. I never saw that coming.
    04-01-09 10:39 PM
    LOL, thats an interesting twist to the plot line of this thread. I never saw that coming.
    When I went through it, there was 0 chance .113 was on the phone. I had just wiped it via MCP and installed .75 fresh from download.

I had also
    1. deleted the vendor.xml everywhere (advanced search including system/hidden files) and attempted
    2. modified the DM install and removed the update optin and attempted
    3. turned off my wireless connection via the hardware switch and attempted

Dunno what caused it or why.
    04-01-09 10:45 PM
    Something else is when your launching the DM or app loader with the BB connected it sometimes wont recognize the update. I wait until the app loader / DM is fully launched before connecting the BB.
    04-01-09 10:49 PM
    Something else is when your launching the DM or app loader with the BB connected it sometimes wont recognize the update. I wait until the app loader / DM is fully launched before connecting the BB.
    Just tried that. Did not work either. Now hubby is at home, so I will try again tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions. I just may just need "OS for Dummies!"
    04-01-09 10:55 PM
    If all recommended solutions fail, as they did me, you might want to try this. It worked for me. The op was flamed, but I would have kissed his a_s.

Solution to "HELP I CAN'T UPGRADE"
    ccstorm1894

Can't link you to his thread, but he suggested installing .75 and .113 to the computer. Copy the .113 folder and paste it to the .75 folder, then run loader. I had tried everything suggested except cx,s long drawn out process of modifying dm. . Good
    luck! I think this is becoming a big problem that maybe only cx's solution will correct the more we upgrade/downgrade etc.
    Last edited by Slik_Rick; 04-02-09 at 12:18 AM.
    04-01-09 11:56 PM
    She said downgrading back to .75 only took 5 minutes? That doesnt sound correct there...Maybe she still is on .113... a full reload never finishes that quickly
    04-02-09 05:50 AM
    If all recommended solutions fail, as they did me, you might want to try this. It worked for me. The op was flamed, but I would have kissed his a_s.

Solution to "HELP I CAN'T UPGRADE"
    ccstorm1894

Can't link you to his thread, but he suggested installing .75 and .113 to the computer. Copy the .113 folder and paste it to the .75 folder, then run loader. I had tried everything suggested except cx,s long drawn out process of modifying dm. . Good
    luck! I think this is becoming a big problem that maybe only cx's solution will correct the more we upgrade/downgrade etc.
    I would do this if nothing else works! I had the same issue and could not get the DM or App loader to recognize the software.

What I tried and what DIDN'T work for me...

Followed CX's tutorial and tried a few other things..

Turned internet connection OFF
    Disabled automatic updates
    Deleted Vender.xml
    Deleted Device.xml.backup
    Uninstalled DM 4.7 and ALL OS's
    Tried using DM 4.6
    Wiped the phone 5 different times during this process

None of that worked for me. There were even times were the DM and App loader would not even recognize .75, would just show all of the applications.

What Slick_Rick posted worked!!!! There is something being leftover from all of these updates or hybrids that's causing issues for a some members.
    04-02-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD