I picked up a Storm the day they came out in the U.S. The first site I tried on the browser was www.crackberry.com but the phone gave me an error message that says, "a problem occurred while trying to render the page". I thought it was odd but even now, and after two official software upgrades through Verizon at the Verizon store, I get the same message. I sent an email to crackberry.com's technical support and all they told me was to go to the WAP which is not the same especially since a lot of the OTA download links and other good stuff are not on the WAPs. I thought this was just another glitch with the Storm but then last week two co-workers of mine got new storms and theirs work fine with crackberry.com.
    Any ideas? Has anyone else found that new storms are better in a lot of ways that the first couple of batches? it also seemed like their touch screens "clicked" more easily...
    Would you suggest trying to get Verizon to give me a new one? I've had the storm randomly power off and freeze too and the whole bit...
    02-24-09 08:52 AM
    I would why not? If there clicking is better and they cancel access sites you can't I would. Did u check their browser settings compared to yours? Can u access crackberry with a 3rd party browser ?
    02-24-09 09:39 AM
    kind of new. what would I want to look for in their browser settings?

Thanks
    02-24-09 09:52 AM
    I would just make sure yours matches theirs I am sure it does but worth a shot. Hold on I will post a screen shot of mine shortly.
    02-24-09 09:59 AM
    kind of new. what would I want to look for in their browser settings?

Thanks
    Here is a shot of my settings

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 10:07 AM
    Sorry for being such a novice here...

I looked at my co-worker's storma nd her default browser configuration and default MDS browser configuration were both set to "internet browser" where mine were both set to "blackberry browser". I made the change and still no luck.

I noticed on your screen shot that you can adjust a few more settings than just the default browser and default mds browser. How do I get to those settings?

Thanks again
    02-24-09 10:29 AM
    either use crackberry.com without www

or

waps.crackberry.com without www

Either works!
    02-24-09 10:43 AM
    I've tried crackberry.com without www and that doesn't work.

waps.crackberry.com without www works but, like I said, its the mobile version and a lot of the content (links to download apps in particular) aren't in the WAPs.

Its just odd and definately ironic that my bb won't open crackberry.com of all sites. LOL!
    02-24-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD