I upgraded my OS last night to 1.09. The phone is fine, it loaded back, and seems to be running well.
    My problem is I can't get desktop manager back. I've reinstalled, I've even gone and tried to delete registry entries (followed instructions from the blackberry site for clean install of DM).
    Any suggestions? I want to load my backup, for all contacts and settings, and obviously can't without DM.

Btw, I did search the forums first, and even though this is probably hidden somewhere, I couldn't find it.

Help please!
    03-21-09 09:07 AM
    Need more information.

Did you delete DM or did it just disappear?
    What OS are you running on your computer and is it a PC?
    If a PC, go to Control Panel and the Add/remove Programs look for the Blackberry entries. You should have one for Blackberry Desktop Software and one for each OS loaded on your computer system.

If you have the Blackberry Desktop Software showing, then you should have an Icon on your computer system.

Try looking in: Click Run at bottom os screen then Programs then Blackberry and see if you see Desktop Manager. If so, just click on it and it should open.

If not, then you need to repeat the process outlined by Blackberry to completely remove it from your system.
    03-21-09 05:46 PM
    It took about 6 tries, but I finally got it reinstalled. It would act like it had reinstalled it, but it was nowhere to be found. I ended up getting to work by downloading a new copy, instead of using the disk.
    And yes, I had uninstalled 4.7 completely, just couldn't get it to reinstall for some reason.
    03-21-09 05:52 PM
    Do a google search for Windows Installer Cleanup Tool and download/install it from microsoft.com link you find. Run it and uninstall anything Blackberry in the list. Reboot and reinstall DM fresh. Don't do this with the BB connected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD