So I activated an old pearl I had (has been deactivated for over 4 months) for my wife and registered a new line for her as well with Verizon.

I waited the 1.5 suggested hours before dialing *228 and then option 1 as advised by Verizon agent. I got, "We're sorry, we cannot activate your phone right now, please dial 1800 blah blah"

So after 6 hours of waiting, nothing, I finally had to call tech support and they helped me change settings on the phone to manually register it.

After that the data and phone segments work fine, but the phone is unable to update PRL over the air (Preferred Roaming Lists) and is still unable to register OTA.

Any suggestions or ideas WHY this phone would be acting like this? I updated to the latest official OS offered by Verizon. I also did a wipe to make sure nothing was wrong with the phone OS. (I know this is a Storm forum, I own a Storm and I got no love on the Pearl forum, trying my luck here)

Thanks!!
    04-24-09 07:38 AM
    If i read this right you are trying to do this to a pearl? you may get further and less flamed if you go to the pearl forum....sry
    04-24-09 07:40 AM
    You already have a thread. If you would like it moved to another forum, then Send a message to the MOD's and they will be happy to move it for you. But don't post duplicate threads.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/veri...l-help-213552/
    04-24-09 07:41 AM
    If you read to the end, I apologized for posting this here, I already posted in the pearl forum and had no help.
    04-24-09 07:42 AM
    In less than 1 minute I had 3 hits in the Storm Forum, vs. Posting overnight in the Pearl forum and had 1 reply. I own a Storm too, I don't see how registering a BB OTA should make a difference between models, but I may be wrong.
    04-24-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD