So this am I woke up and took a little 30 sec vid of my kids singing Happy BDay to my mom...went to preview it and my phone rebooted. After that was complete, I again went to play it and was given an error message stating that it could play this file type (or some such nonsense). I tried to move it to my PC using DM4.7...no dice. I ended up deleting it cuz it was apparently useless.

Haven't really cruised the forums to see if this is a common problem, but thought I'd throw it out there.
    03-12-09 11:31 AM
    well, at least i'm not the only one
    03-12-09 12:06 PM
    A battery pull should do the trick. But this seems to be a random bug that can strike at any moment so use BB video camera at your own risk. I learned this the hard way after taking a video of my daughter singing in the car (was very adorable) only to get an error when trying to play it back. Called tech support and got the ol' battery pull presciption. Seems to be their drug of choice.

Also, to be clear you will not be able to recover any video which had the error but you should be able to record again.
    03-12-09 12:36 PM
    It has been discussed here previously. It is a known problem on OS .75. The good news is there is a work around for it.

When you are ready to stop recording, hit the pause button followed by the BB button twice. This should properly save the format.

I was having the problem with unsupported errors in the beginning but since doing this, everything I have recorded will both play back on the phone and on my PC without issue.
    03-12-09 12:45 PM
    Had the issue on .76, have not had it since.
    03-12-09 01:38 PM
    It has been discussed here previously. It is a known problem on OS .75. The good news is there is a work around for it.

When you are ready to stop recording, hit the pause button followed by the BB button twice. This should properly save the format.

I was having the problem with unsupported errors in the beginning but since doing this, everything I have recorded will both play back on the phone and on my PC without issue.
    I'll give this a run...the video in question was done using .109, so I must just be lucky
    03-12-09 04:46 PM
    109 gave me an error on my sons first hair cut and now i lost that memory
    03-12-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD