Hopefully someone can lend some suggestions here. I just got a Storm two weeks ago and have been unable to open any excel files sent to me via email.

I have the most recent version of documents to go (running 1.006). I'll down load the file, save it to documents, then get error messages that it can't be opened.

Usually what I'll get is "An internal error has occurred! (6)" The verizon store and tech support are clueless as to what it is.

I'm about to go crazy, anyone out there have any ideas? Most of the excel files being sent to me are .xlsx or .xls

Thanks.
    03-07-09 02:11 PM
    When you go to the download folder and click that file, do you get the same error? Save to downloads. Or better still, when the email arrives, download instantly and you should be prompted to 'see it'....just do that and you should get the docs to go to pop up with it.

Can you see the App in your Apps folder for Excel?
    03-07-09 02:35 PM
    I have opened PDF files and word documents. I still haven't opened any excel spread sheets or any power point stuff. I would suggest forwarding the excel attachment to another storm owner and see if they are able to open the attachment. Obviously if it is very important and private information I wouldn't do this unless I knew the person and trusted them. If you can't find anyone to foward it to you can PM me and forward it to me and I can see if I am able to open it. Just a thought. Other than that I really done't have any other ideas of why it wouldn't be opening on your storm unless it is just an unsupported format. Good luck.
    03-07-09 02:35 PM
    Okay here's some more info. Thanks for responding so quickly. Eric, they are saved in the doc folder but when I go to open them no go. They downloaded okay, and I can see them all in that folder, but opening them I get that error (6) message.

1967LS2, would you believe we tried that at the Verizon store today. One of the associates has a storm and I forwarded my file to his storm there at the store. He wasn't able to open it.

Do you guys think by some chance my email provider is encrypting office files so that I can open them everywhere else but not on a Blackberry Storm or is this stricly a Storm issue? Just a wild thought. I just got another email with a pdf file. Some of these I can open, others I can't. The one I just got in, no go "error opening file. The page catalog is invalid"

Thanks for your help
    03-07-09 03:36 PM
    I am also having the same issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-07-09 05:15 PM
    Phenominal.....I'm not a minority anymore and I'm not going crazy......so what's the solution?
    03-07-09 06:08 PM
    Maybe someone can help me on this related excell issue. d/l spreadsheet with a plotting graph. sheet works fine, but, no graph. suggestions for a newbie?
    03-08-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD