So I have been using leaked OS's for a few months without any problems whatsoever. They've been great. Thursday I updated from .113 to .132. No problems. Everything worked great. Randomly, about halfway through the day I could no longer hear through the earpiece when making calls, and others could not hear me. Nothing changed, I didn't change any settings, it just randomly occurred. I did a few battery pulls and it didn't solve anything.

I decided to go home and downgrade back to .113. Same problem. Battery pull didn't solve it either after the downgrade. I decided to wipe the phone with JL_Cmder and reload .113 on the phone. Nothing. Same problem. Finally, I decided it was time to take it back to Verizon for an exchange so I downgraded back to .75. As soon as I got it back to .75 I could make phone calls again. Everything was working fine, except for the fact that I was on the crappy .75! I upgraded back to .113 and again, the phone was no longer working. So I'm back to .75. Although the phone works, I hate it! I forgot how bad .75 is!

Anybody have any sort of situation similar to this? Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? Any help would be great. Thanks.
    04-25-09 01:57 PM
    Have you reloaded your service books?
    I'm using Verizon too and its running great with .132...
    04-25-09 05:10 PM
    I've had the same problem a month ago. Everything was great until all of a sudden no one could hear me and I couldn't hear them. I tried everything possible (different leaked OS's, Hybrids, JLoader thing, etc.) and nothing worked except if I went back and reloaded .75. I thought it might have been something with the headphone jack since the only anomaly with the whole thing was that it seemed to work when I used the headphone jack that came in the original box. Using that (and that only) it seemed to work fine. But how come the speaker and microphone on the phone only works with .75 and no other OS? I haven't tried anything since .113, though. I'm skeptical of trying it again on .132 since it takes Forever to back up everything correctly, wipe, reload, etc. I just got tired of the process. I'm waiting for an official OS update from Verizon, then I'm gonne see if it gets better.
    04-25-09 11:35 PM
    Yet another example of the small "unexplainable" issues with updating/downgrading the OS on the Storm (and I say just the Storm because to my knowledge no other BB has EVER been so "all over the place" in terms of how one behaves in comparison to another on the same OS).
    04-26-09 12:29 AM
    Yet another example of the small "unexplainable" issues with updating/downgrading the OS on the Storm (and I say just the Storm because to my knowledge no other BB has EVER been so "all over the place" in terms of how one behaves in comparison to another on the same OS).
    Agreed .132 seems to play h3ll trying to hold a solid data signal for me and a small group of other people. I went back to .75 this morning since I never actually gave that OS a chance from day one just to see if it will hold a data signal properly. It seems to hold a data signal ok but it has also rebooted at least 4 times today as well so that could be very well why is it holding its data signal.

BTW I like that avatar change.
    04-26-09 01:10 AM
    Tried upgrading to .141 and again have the same problem. The phone does work with a headjack in though. Of course, I'm not going to be walking around with a headjack every time I want to talk on the phone. This really is getting annoying. Going back to .75...again.
    05-03-09 03:25 PM
    We need to make people more aware of this issue, this is really annoying having this problem on my phone, ive dealt with it for a week, and I think the problem is, is that its stuck in 'headphone' mode, where it thinks that theres headphones plugged into the phone, so it just outputs all of the sounds through that, except for notifications (sms, mms, email, fb/ms). Its not like I did anything that day to make it happen either, one day I fixed it by just plugging and unplugging the headphones at a 'special' moment, and it got rid of the bug, I just cant figure out how to get rid of it this time, im usually pretty amazing at troubleshooting things and solving problems but this one just boggles me! If you have this problem please post in this thread. We need to find a common factor and maybe figure out why our phones are doing this! I was able to solve the problem by installing .75, and it sucks, thats the only way to fix it so far! im pretty pissed that im stuck with the worst OS of all, because of a stupid bug like this. Really annoying!!
    Last edited by evulhotdog; 05-13-09 at 04:16 PM.
    05-13-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD