in the past couple of days i have not been able to log into aim on my storm. i keep getting an error message "unexpected error:sign in again if you are signed out due to this error (100)'...I have read all the threads I could and have tried to rename group names, made sure no weird symbols are anywhere, also signed off of my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still nothing. However if i try to log in with my brothers screen name it works fine, it only seems to have trouble with my account. Has anyone found a real solution to this problem? any help will be appreciated.
    03-01-09 09:06 PM
    i just had the same issue, i found that when i logged onto my computer using another screen name, logged out, then logged onto my screen name (some one that's on my bb), it started working on my blackberry again. might work for you?
    03-02-09 12:33 AM
    Ive had the same problem for three days now. Nothing works.
    03-02-09 07:22 AM
    I have the same problem I've also started a thread. I get the error but I jsut made a new sn to try out to see if it would log in and on the new name it logs in!?!?! what the heck every name works but mine....
    03-02-09 09:29 AM
    I have the same problem I've also started a thread. I get the error but I jsut made a new sn to try out to see if it would log in and on the new name it logs in!?!?! what the heck every name works but mine....
    Yes, I should have mentioned that. I tried another screen name and it worked. Of course the one I actually need to use wont.
    03-02-09 09:41 AM
    yeah.. grrrr... I've been fooling around with this deleting my contact list doing everything I can think of to try and get it to log in but nothing has worked yet.
    03-02-09 09:42 AM
    i had that same problem and had tried uninstalling/reinstalling... NOTHING.

HOWEVER, i did get it working again. i wish i understand how/why, but maybe this will help someone else out there even though it doesn't make sense to me....

i don't do a lot with the bb manager/syncing with my home computer, but i had backed up my bb semi-recently for an os update, so i completely deleted aim off the phone, and then went through the bb manager. it said i needed to update aim (even though i had deleted it off my bb), which i did and i haven't had a problem with it since...

since i had already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the newest version of aim, it doesn't make sense to me that somehow deleting/syncing worked, but i've got aim signed in as i type, so....

GOOD LUCK =)
    03-02-09 10:18 AM
    I uninstalled AIM and the reinstalled aim. I got 2.2.31 now. It works with my orginal SN.
    03-02-09 11:07 AM
    I am also able to log on with my brothers screen name but i still cannot log on with my own. I have version .31 as well and have tried everything in this thread with no success. But as someone mentioned i did do a backup for an OS update as well, but the messenger worked after the update for about a day before it started working.
    03-02-09 11:18 AM
    I can also log on with other sn's but mine wont work
    03-02-09 02:49 PM
    Ok I'm fed up with trying this, now I've just deleted AIM and got the Instango BETA which works pretty darn well. I like it now I can delete all my messaging apps and have them all in Instango.
    03-02-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD