I'm a noob. i have my storm on verizon service. I went to the link, downloaded the 4.7.0.113 file, installed it and followed the steps. went through the installation, launched the desktop manager, plugged my storm in, and it didn't automatically search for updates. i manually went to app loader and searched for updates and a message said there was none available. WTF!? i'm still running 4.7.0.75 ! please someone help me!
    05-13-09 05:50 PM
    05-13-09 06:10 PM
    Also, make sure you download and installed the correct version for your phone. You want the version for the 9530 not 9500. You will also need to delete the Vendor file because you will be installing a leaked version. Go to:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader and then scroll down near the bottom of the list of files and delete the Vendor file.

I suggest then scrolling back up in the same folder and using Loader.exe to do the install. Double click the Loader.exe file.

Be sure you have performed the appropriate backup's in DM before installing the new OS.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 05-13-09 at 11:30 PM.
    05-13-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD