Noticed this weeks ago, but figured it was a glitch with .109. Not sure.

When in vehicle and paired to BT in car, phone works fine, but Visual Voicemail will not play, either through car Bluetooth or on phone itself. It shows it is playing message, but no audio.

Out of car, not paired, works fine. Anyone else?
    05-19-09 10:04 PM
    Anyone? .......
    05-22-09 05:55 AM
    try going in to the options menu in visual and make sure its set on speaker phone when bt to car...
    05-22-09 06:35 AM
    try toggling the little white speaker symbol in the upper right hand corner.....lit vs not lit
    05-22-09 06:52 AM
    adjust the volume when you start the msg. down then back up a few notches, then replay again. my VM doesnt work half the time unless i do this when im on a BT headset, speaker phone, or just the regular speaker....
    05-22-09 07:02 AM
    I have the same issue in my car. The issue is simple (but annoying)... Phone calls connect to the head unit over the Bluetooth handsfree profile but any other phone audio including VVM, VZNav, etc connect to the head unit using the Bluetooth audio profile.

I have to switch my head unit input to Bluetooth audio to hear anything other than phone calls. Phone calls interrupt and mute head unit audio as expected. I've tried just about every configuration option on my head unit and BB to see if I can find a way to get the BT audio to operate in the same manner as the BT handsfree profile but have been unsuccessful so far.

Check to see if your head unit has a BT audio input.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: As others have said, you can also set VVM to use speaker phone instead of BT. This is my usual workaround since it really annoys me to have to change inputs.
    05-22-09 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD