Okay, so I am having major problems installing .148.. My previous OS on my BB was .103 (I was happy enough with it to keep it for a while but figured I'd try .148 now..

So I went to do it as I usually do it, connect BB, back up, clear caches, install OS on DM, disconnect internet, connect phone, install - i kept getting the fatal error message when booting the ROM

fair enough, i'll try it with apploader.. so i back up all my info through apploader and then install. it gets past the booting ROM section.. yay! Then i get fatal error message when reloading applications back to device. then my phone lights up with an all white screen reading "Reload Software: 507"

So I do a little research and notice that this means my device has been wiped. Pretty inconvenient but not the end of the world as I am pretty sure my contacts and stuff is all backed up.

So I try the force OS to load method, connect my phone with no battery, open apploader, but neither my pin nor 'unknown' display, i just get no options.. so that method will not work.

I tried to uninstall DM and then reinstall it all over again.. even at the risk of losing all my contacts.. but even then I got an error message saying that DM could not be repaired nor removed.

So now I'm stuck... does anyone know what I can do? At this point .148 would be a luxury, I just want my phone to work again...
    05-20-09 04:53 PM
    Please delete your vendor.xml file
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml
    05-20-09 05:12 PM
    Please delete your vendor.xml file
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml
    If that doesn't work, have you taken a look over at this thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    05-20-09 05:18 PM
    Same thing happened to me today, if you're using Win7 - don't. Use Vista or lower, 7 is a headache waiting to happen. Install failed 4 times for me this morning on my Win7 pc, switched to my Vista laptop and it worked right off the bat.

Also usual delete vendor.xml, if in doubt restart, etc.
    05-20-09 05:21 PM
    I deleted the vendor file, and I am using Windows XP SP2..

I'm going to try the instructions in how do i recover a dead blackberry thread.. the problem is I can't revert back to the original cd version of DM. Whenever I pop in the CD and go to install, it gives me 3 options: modify, repair or remove. I've tried repair and remove so that I can reinstall but I keep getting an error message saying the process was interrupted because a temporary file could not be found or created.

I think I am going to have to use somebody else's computer to do this..
    05-20-09 05:31 PM
    Don't worry about DM, you don't need it right now.

Delete all OS's from your computer. Reboot.

Download a new file for the leaked OS, I have a feeling you got a bad copy, or it got corrupted somehow during installation.

Install to your computer. Reboot.

Open application loader. Connect phone and see if it recognizes it, if not, reboot and try again. If not, then try the force with battery out.

Let me know how it goes...
    05-20-09 05:47 PM
    The computer recognizes the phone, it connects with a PIN and everything, but it will not load the OS. I am thinking the OS was corrupted too which is odd because I downloaded it from the main page of this site.. maybe it got corrupted during installation.

Either way, how exactly do I go about deleting all OS's? I tried to do so in the add/remove programs of the control panel but it keeps giving me an error message regarding temporary files.
    05-20-09 06:40 PM
    The computer recognizes the phone, it connects with a PIN and everything, but it will not load the OS. I am thinking the OS was corrupted too which is odd because I downloaded it from the main page of this site.. maybe it got corrupted during installation.

Either way, how exactly do I go about deleting all OS's? I tried to do so in the add/remove programs of the control panel but it keeps giving me an error message regarding temporary files.
    Remove everything under your Shared folder, reboot the computer to release anything stuck in memeory, then reinstall the OS of choice.
    05-20-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD