I'm having trouble getting the disc that comes with a storm to load onto my laptop. I have an HP and run XP. It opens but I just get a blank screen. I've tried locating an exe file and don't see one. Anybody have the same problem or have any ideas? I do see some mac files and wonder if there are 2 different dics and I got the wrong one. Thanks in advance for the help.
    06-02-09 01:45 PM
    what are you trying to get off the VZW disc?
    06-02-09 01:51 PM
    Check this out.

Desktop Software

This is the clean version....
    06-02-09 01:55 PM
    tryin finding the icon that says DM or desktop manager.
    06-02-09 01:56 PM
    If you are talking about the Desktop Manager software that comes with the Storm, just go here and download it:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

Had trouble with the disk that came with mine too, downloaded desktop manager from here and it works great.

JPD217
    06-02-09 01:59 PM
    Had similar problem with BB Storm disc
    goto My Computer
    Find Disc
    Right Click
    Select Explore
    Find EXE file
    click on EXE file
    06-02-09 02:02 PM
    I'll try downloading it. Thanks for the responses.
    06-02-09 02:09 PM
    Yeah, better off getting the software off the BlackBerry site. My VZW disc worked, but it turned out to be an incomplete version, so I had to go to BB site anyway.
    06-02-09 02:29 PM
    That disk is just a coaster to put your drinks on, you don't put it in your computer.
    06-02-09 02:32 PM
    Really?!? Because I've been using mine as a frisbee and its underperforming....no wonder why!

That disk is just a coaster to put your drinks on, you don't put it in your computer.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD