Trying to get my upgrade via advanced options/wireless update and it says no updates available. Any clues?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:21 PM
    Trying to get my upgrade via advanced options/wireless update and it says no updates available. Any clues?

If you're running a leak or hybrid, you can't update OTA.
    05-31-09 09:39 PM
    I'm not running a leak or a hybrid, and it says no upgrade is available.

I am on a BES. But if that is the issue, I'm screwed, because it is a BYOB BES server. The company doesn't have Verizon for service -- they use T-Mob. My admins aren't going to update this for me...

What do I do?
    05-31-09 09:45 PM
    I'm not running a leak or a hybrid, and it says no upgrade is available.

I am on a BES. But if that is the issue, I'm screwed, because it is a BYOB BES server. The company doesn't have Verizon for service -- they use T-Mob. My admins aren't going to update this for me...

What do I do?
    Well first I would take the "Crackberry flamers" out of your signature...hard to ask for help when you've just insulted the people you are asking.

OK, so your phone has an IT policy preventing the update, I take it? Your admins are not going to push it to you through the BES? And you can't use the Web update from Blackberry.com because you're on a BES? Then unfortunately, there's only two options for you, and I'm not sure either will work due to your IT Policy. 1) Wait for the update to appear on the VZW site and download the stand-alone installer, or 2) install the leaked version already listed on this site.
    05-31-09 09:53 PM
    Crap, that's what I thought.

And the flamer thing is a joke based on an old thread. You'll note I've been around here longer than, say, you have. Obviously I'm not too "anti-crackberry." It's community-self-deprecating humor.

Thanks!

EDIT: Workaround/solution found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...update-238506/
    Last edited by Revolutionary; 06-01-09 at 06:16 AM.
    06-01-09 06:09 AM

Same issue here. Unfortunately I'll probably just wait for the update to show up on the VZW site since I'd prefer not to have a leaked OS.

06-01-09 06:21 AM
    Same issue here. Unfortunately I'll probably just wait for the update to show up on the VZW site since I'd prefer not to have a leaked OS.

when is this supposed to happen? Anyone? Thanks so much.
    06-01-09 07:04 AM
    I think June 3rd. There is a sticky on it in the OS forum.

06-01-09 08:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/14...erizon-237223/

06-01-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD