Anyone have this issue?
    I cannot get the blackberry storm to totally shut down. tried battery pulls also. I can press and hold power button on top of unit and i get the verizon splash screen telling me i have like 20 seconds to press a button to cancel shut down. then it "shuts down"
    all night from the first night it dings with emails and texts. no flashing light unless plugged in to charge. when you push any of the buttons on front nothing happenes. push power button and on it comes. spash screen and all....

so what gives? why didnt phone truelly going to sleep?
    thank you
    06-08-10 12:45 AM
    try setting it to bedside mode while you sleep. Nothing will come through until you exit bedside mode in the morning. Don't worry, alarm still works in bedside mode.
    06-08-10 01:56 AM
    ok thank you!
    Still wonder why it appears to shut down and some part of its still wide awake. too strange
    06-08-10 09:10 AM
    there is also the power off icon in the menu, but it is very strange that you still get alerts after you put the phone to sleep. i always silence all alerts before i put the phone to sleep and on the charger
    06-08-10 09:18 AM
    Hello
    no matter what method is used to shut off storm 2 by verizon. Its wide awake... even on sleep mode. I cant shut it off...... i get the verizon spash screen and all on shut down and start up. however i still get the dings, phone calls, i.m. as if it was powered on. when i hit the on button i get a splash screen and then see everything. doesnt download a bunch of emails as it been downloading everything while off.
    any ideas?
    thank you
    06-10-10 01:23 AM
    Anyone have this issue?
    I cannot get the blackberry storm to totally shut down. tried battery pulls also. I can press and hold power button on top of unit and i get the verizon splash screen telling me i have like 20 seconds to press a button to cancel shut down. then it "shuts down"
    all night from the first night it dings with emails and texts. no flashing light unless plugged in to charge. when you push any of the buttons on front nothing happenes. push power button and on it comes. spash screen and all....

so what gives? why didnt phone truelly going to sleep?
    thank you
    Welcome to BB. Get a clue.
    06-10-10 01:36 AM
    try setting it to bedside mode while you sleep. Nothing will come through until you exit bedside mode in the morning. Don't worry, alarm still works in bedside mode.
    I use the bedside mode too but with the phone ringer on (for emergency calls).

Maybe another solution is to set the Sound Profile to "All Alerts Off"

Peace
    06-10-10 02:30 AM
    To truly shut it off pull the battery!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 05:35 AM
    You may have it set to turn on automatically at a certain time. It should not be receiving messages, etc after the splash screen fades, despite people giving you c rap about it.

What OS are you running? I did have a Storm2 with a bad power button, but if you get the splash screen it is working.
    06-10-10 06:12 AM
    im running version 5.0.0.607 other then killing the sound the thing is alive with or without splash screen. kind of like putting a computer to sleep, yet it keeps announcing you have emails or people are sending you an i.m. you can push the buttons and its unresponsive, you hit the power button at the top and the splash screen comes on and its. shows immediate signeal strength, no searching for a tower or anything. its alive!!! pulling the battery is the only way its dead, same problem on hard boot by pulling battery. its always on...
    06-10-10 09:46 AM
    Silent profile, or all alerts off as DJ said, and face down. not sure why they'd want to shut it off in the first place, but that's just me.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-10-10 at 09:59 AM.
    06-10-10 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD