I've been to BlackBerry - Update your Device Software and i've clicked on check for updates on my DM and nothing. there isnt even anything referring to the update.
    can someone give me a step by step or something?
    ive never updated before besides the .75 OTA
    05-31-09 02:26 PM
    I've been to BlackBerry - Update your Device Software and i've clicked on check for updates on my DM and nothing. there isnt even anything referring to the update.
    Are you using Internet Explorer?
    05-31-09 02:31 PM
    Are you using Internet Explorer?
    I am and no dice, still .75
    05-31-09 02:31 PM
    This is the link I see when I click on update phone.

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    05-31-09 02:34 PM
    yes.
    and it just goes to this page showing a picture of the bold, the flip, and the old curve, and it asks if i want to update, then says something about how BES and personal software users might be already getting one from the IT department?
    idk what that means, but im only a 17year old. this definitely isnt my business phone, ha.
    05-31-09 02:37 PM
    MR1 is still the only update I see, which is .75

Right now blackberry's site is down :O
    05-31-09 02:38 PM
    I just hooked my phone up to DM and the upgrade list automatically came up. It's downloading as i speak.
    05-31-09 02:42 PM
    doubleOkevin,

I used this url BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software and make sure your Storm is connected to your computer then click on the "Update" button. It will launch the "Application Loader" and should see the update. The update only took 22 minutes to install.

I hope this helps.
    05-31-09 02:44 PM
    What will I need to do to reactivate phone on VZW? That is a warning that came up before I clicked install. Just checking before it finishes
    05-31-09 02:47 PM
    doubleOkevin,

I hope this helps.
    I get an error when it checks for updates in App Loader. I wonder if it's because of my work firewall? Grrrr...
    05-31-09 02:58 PM
    well there is blackberry.com/update or vzam.net/blackberry for the update...I think there was such a huge response that the server on RIM's site can't handle it! lol Verizon's may be on later today...I'd just wait til tomorrow...afterall we have waited a long time already
    05-31-09 03:03 PM
    I'm having the same problem, I can't find the dl anywhere. I've got to be missing something...
    05-31-09 03:10 PM
    05-31-09 03:11 PM
    I get an error when it checks for updates in App Loader. I wonder if it's because of my work firewall? Grrrr...
    What Error?
    05-31-09 03:15 PM
    What Error?
    It tells me to check my internet connection or to try again later. Clearly, I'm connected to the internet. Has to be something internal at my office.
    05-31-09 03:19 PM
    I the download right away on my Desktop Manager it actually came up and I downloaded maybe took 15 min! Works Great!!!!
    05-31-09 03:22 PM
    OK, so my storm is my laptop's modem. When I open DM and check for updates, it says none available. when I go to the BB site, it redirects me to VZW and the only update available is .75. Can I not update while using the phone as a modem? Probably should just try to be patient and wait for the ota, huh?
    05-31-09 03:26 PM
    .148 Is Out!

Only need one thread on all this .148 release discussion.
    05-31-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD