I have tried to search for my issue and I just can't find the exact problem I am experiencing, so forgive me if I am not putting this where I should...

I am on my 2nd storm (first one had a VVM issue) and love it 90% of the time. However, on occasion without doing anything new to the phone, I pick it up to make a call, begin to enter my password (required by my IT), and it will not let me type anything into the password field in Portrait. Sometimes, if I swivel it to landscape, it lets me enter something. Other times I have to toggle between portrait and landscape in order to get it to work. Ugh.

Then once IN, I can't navigate anywhere and the screen is essentially frozen. I can't make calls. I can't scroll down. Not much of anything. I do continue to receive calls, emails, and texts during this weird period, but I cant reply. So I then move to a battery pull which generally fixes the issue.

Today, however, I had to do 3 battery pulls before it would return to any level of normalcy and let me enter the password and let me return my SMS and phone calls.

Anybody have any thoughts other than to wait for the next OS update and see what happens?
    01-01-09 11:13 PM
    this happens to me sometimes.. coming out of lock the phone doesn't know whats going on doesn't know it's orientation.. and sometimes on reboot.. i have to enter an unlocked sim card password and 3-4 pop up boxes come up requiring me to click on them or type in a password.. and i can't
    01-02-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD