i need a link to .591. the ones i find on here are all blocked. can anyone help?
    04-28-10 02:49 PM
    i need a link to .591. the ones i find on here are all blocked. can anyone help?
    I can't help you but it probably wouldn't hurt to specify which sites your work allows.
    04-28-10 02:56 PM
    Even if you get past your IT policy, you might be fired for DLing on your company PC and time. Be careful and good luck.
    Last edited by Threefive; 04-28-10 at 03:13 PM. Reason: My Bad
    04-28-10 02:58 PM
    I feel your pain - the same here at my work. IT blocks any sites it deems a "Personal Network Storage and Backup" site like megaupload and all the other links I have seen so far to download .591. The funny thing is I could dl T_hearchitect's hybrid which does me no good since I have to download .591 before I can dl the hybrid over it. EDIT - It's my persoanl blackberry and not my company's.
    04-28-10 03:01 PM
    i think he is referring to firewalls and not BES/BIS. The SendSpace link I created in the other thread usually works...guess not for you?
    04-28-10 03:01 PM
    I have tried the SendSpace link to and it too is blocked. Just stinks becuase my hoem computer is not working and waiting for IT to grant me admin privilages to dl the update will take longer than 06 to drop.
    04-28-10 03:07 PM
    My company is very strict about DL sites too. I would never think to DL something like this at my workplace but if your work is cool with it, more power to you. But that's why I said to specify what sites your workplace DOES allow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 03:10 PM
    i think he is referring to firewalls and not BES/BIS. The SendSpace link I created in the other thread usually works...guess not for you?
    Yeah I caught that on my reread thanks!!!
    04-28-10 03:12 PM
    Why don't you just use opra mini and download the files to your sd card and just use your cable to transfer it to your pc?

04-28-10 03:21 PM
    My company is very strict about DL sites too. I would never think to DL something like this at my workplace but if your work is cool with it, more power to you. But that's why I said to specify what sites your workplace DOES allow.

IT is actually good about letting me download updates to my blackberry and for DM becuase I save the company money by using my own berry and not one that they would have to purchase and then pay to be on their BES server. The problem is waiting for the request to go through then having me restart my computer so I can dl.

I am not sure what sites I can access, like I said I could dl T_Architect's hybrid with no problem but megaupload, spendspace and the link on T_Arch's website were all blocked for being "Personal Network Storage and Backup" sites. So I don't know what sites I would be able to access.

Thanks for trying to help though.
    04-28-10 03:25 PM
    Why don't you just use opra mini and download the files to your sd card and just use your cable to transfer it to your pc?

Had no clue I could do that, thats why I love crackberry forums!
    04-28-10 03:25 PM
    Yeah BB browser has a limit. But either opera mini or bolt does not so just dl on your phone and put it on your pc and install.

04-28-10 03:29 PM
    How long will it take to dl a file that's 115.0 MBs to my SD card using Opera?
    04-28-10 03:46 PM
    4 attempts so far to dl direclty to my sd card via opera mini and 4 failed attempts, the file must be too large. Oh well, thanks for the help anyway.
    04-28-10 04:01 PM
    04-28-10 04:17 PM
    try bolt. Are if that works. Or you can download the free trial of tether berry and use your phone as a modem. Unplug your network cable and download any file with out your IT knowing

04-28-10 04:34 PM
    The tether try would have worked but I had one more layer on my work computer I could not bypass - when I selected the setup files from my sd card to load tether on my work computer I got a window that I must be logged on as the administrator when installing this program. if i boot up in safe mode will this get me around this?
    04-29-10 02:21 PM
    It might but I bet there is an admin passwork for safemode.

04-29-10 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD