DETFILM gave you ALL the solution in thread #41 above - DID YOU PEOPLE READ IT???

He says:

"NEXT, Go into your address book on your phone, NOT just your calls list, but the address book itself. Didya know you can HOLD DOWN the *send* key for a LONG second, and it goes directly to the address book? Cool trick, whatever, get to it...NOW hit the blackberry key (menu key, left of trackball) did you know there were OPTIONS for the address book? I found this when searching about a solution to this problem. GO TO THE OPTIONS while in the address book. When the first screen opens for the addreess book options type the letters R-S-E-T. It will ask you if you want to delete your entire address book, click YES, remember it's backed up, AND your PC has the whole thing intact, and the final step in this process uses DM to sync your contacts back and refresh the address book. Read on...

After you have "wiped" your address book, check your address book, does it still look the same? What the eph? Right? Everything's still there? Even the screwed up duplicates! If not, lucky you, either way...PULL THE BATTERY."

I had issues with syncing. Couldn't do it, would lock up after the address book was read from the device. Tried EVERYTHING... EXCEPT doing a backup, then wiping the address book clean in Backup/Restore-->Advanced. Everything was GONE except ONE CORRUPT CONTACT. I followed DETFILMS instructions above and voila! the corrupt contact was HISTORY!

Read the LONG threads that are FULL of instructions word for word, people. They are usually written by very smart people...

THANKS DETFILM!
    sju14 likes this.
    04-19-10 08:38 PM
    I have the same problem with one contact that was sent over BBM as well... it was a contact that I already had in my phone but was updated with address and such via the messenger. Now I can't edit or delete, but will try the fix posted by DETFILM above (thanks in advance for that). What I am wondering is if anyone else with this problem also can no longer use their voice dialing feature. I have a feeling that the problem with my voice dial stems from this one "stuck" contact on my list. Any one else? If I can get fixed using DETFILM's advice and it fixes my voice dial issue I will let you know.

I HAVE TRIED DETFILM'S FIX AND CAN CONFIRM THAT IT DOES FIX BOTH THE "STUCK" CONTACT AND THE VOICE DIAL ISSUE...

Thanks DETFILM
    Last edited by thePhantomLimb; 04-22-10 at 04:21 PM.
    04-20-10 03:31 PM
    My wife is having the same issue on her new BlackBerry. I'll try the methods mentioned in this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 08:25 AM
    I have a contact, received via bbm, that I cannot delete/ edit
    I also couldn't sync & I don't know if this is related to contact problem?
    I need help on this annoying matter
    08-05-10 03:31 PM
    I am having the same issue! Battery pulls do not resolve.
    12-06-10 12:36 AM
    Wow...some glad this post is still here.
    What a silly and frustrating error to come across.
    Post 41 and 51 made it all better, thanks folks.
    And just to confirm, the "contact" error also caused my voice dialing not to work, which is all fixed now.
    02-10-11 01:48 PM
    i was having the same problem and i was getting really nervous about it....

I had been reading all the conversations and finally i found a really simple solution to that problem..

First, just clean your contacts using the DS (i am sure that the problem is still there)
    Then, you disconnect your BB from the pc and shut it down the DS
    ...then disconnect your battery from the BB for some sec...

Then just put the battery , connect to the pc and open the DS..
    Suddenly you will see XXX contacts (those where was stuck) numbering to your address book....just erase them now from the DS!!!!!!!
    ANd it works....(it worked at mine....i hope that works for you)

Pittk
    04-23-11 12:34 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD