signal -80 dBm
    12-11-08 11:46 PM
    In options network network technology is set to 1XEV?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 11:51 PM
    signal -80 dBm

damn that is a good signal.

so you have:

1) tried the sim card fix from the other thread
    2) tried re registering the phone
    3) adjusted connection settings to indicate 1e and home or automatic

has to be asked . . you bought the phone from Verizon correct - not off ebay?
    12-11-08 11:51 PM
    i am doing a wipe reload now. i will see how that works out
    12-11-08 11:53 PM
    I am out of ideas there . . . the battery pull did not work. Non of the settings seem off. Your Wireless connections is set to on right (it turns off on low battery)?

My only suggestion would be to call Verizon (from land line) and make sure your phone is on the network
    12-11-08 11:54 PM
    damn that is a good signal.

so you have:

1) tried the sim card fix from the other thread
    2) tried re registering the phone
    3) adjusted connection settings to indicate 1e and home or automatic

has to be asked . . you bought the phone from Verizon correct - not off ebay?
    yes i purchased on release date and then a NEW replacement was mailed to me because of screen click issues. i have not had any other problems out of it for the most part. i have made/ recieved calls and text all day long. i can still use data on the browser, just not actually make a call
    12-11-08 11:56 PM
    yes i purchased on release date and then a NEW replacement was mailed to me because of screen click issues. i have not had any other problems out of it for the most part. i have made/ recieved calls and text all day long. i can still use data on the browser, just not actually make a call
    My best guess at this point would be a service book or registration issue on Verizon's side but that is only a guess. Maybe re installing and registering again will work it out.
    12-11-08 11:57 PM
    -80 should make a call, are you doing a complete wipe/reload?
    If your data came back that's very bizarre.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 12:05 AM
    after my wipe and reload, i am still getting call failed
    12-12-08 12:14 AM
    its happening to me too and i live in South Carolina.... probly our area man

funny coincidence
    12-12-08 12:20 AM
    although i did just get a replacement phone as well come to think of it.....

funny thing is my first storm was PERFECT, but had a dead pixel... my replacement has a fubar screen .... replacement round 3 here i come
    12-12-08 12:21 AM
    I am also in South Carolina right now. Phone stopped working a few hours ago - called Verizon and there is an outage on the east coast and they don't know how long it will be.
    12-12-08 12:33 AM
    Forgot to mention that this is affecting calls and texts. It is not affecting data because they are two different networks so to speak.
    12-12-08 12:36 AM
    i am doing a wipe reload now. i will see how that works out

doh.. you could have tried a settings wipe first.. however this is a good step to try when all else fails

Keep us informed of how it works out.. this is a issue that hasn't come up yet as far as I know...

so a working answer will be nice
    12-12-08 12:50 AM
    am i the only one who would suggest to call verizon? why go through all this hassle when it could be on their end and your phone is warranty?

makes no sense to me...
    12-12-08 06:10 AM
    ...to the OP, don't let your frustration get the best of you when trying to resolve an issue.

Call Verizon, as per kigs, and see what gives.
    12-12-08 07:09 AM
    well i woke up this morning and tried to make a call and it works perfect now. it must have just been the area i was in. thanks for everyones help trying to resolve my issue. i couldnt call verizon due to me only having my phone through them. i dont have a "home phone" in my apartment
    12-12-08 09:31 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD