I am having trouble backing up my stock (meaning no changes to OS) Verizon Storm. Few third party apps instaled, nothing out of the ordinary. I am runing BES with full Exchange services.

At first, when I tried to backup, it only got 2 seconds into it and said "BACKUP FAILED". I searched these forums and found many advising to delete browser cache. I did that. The backup process then proceeds about 1/2 way and fails after FIREWALL OPTIONS. I am at a total loss. I havent been able to backup my storm since the day I bought it.

Rather than giving myself a potential corinary on the phone with useless tech support folks, I figured I would give these very helpful forums a shot. Anyone that can assist will be my new hero!
    05-17-09 07:40 PM
    Ter uninstalling DM and reloading it on you're computer. Sounds like DM is corrupt.
    05-17-09 09:52 PM
    Clear your browser cache. Go to Browser, hit the BB key select options, then cache operations, then clear history. The other option is to do it through Desktop Manager, Select Backup and Restore, then Advanced and clear your browser cache from there. Seems weird that the first way doesn't work for all the devices but this is what worked for me.
    Last edited by 2Krunk; 05-17-09 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Was click happy and posted to soon, lol
    05-17-09 10:21 PM
    2krunk is right thats what i did.
    05-17-09 10:25 PM
    Thanks, I have tried the browser cache clearing from both the bb and via desktop manager. For kicks and giggles, I tried it again just now, and it still fails.

I will try to reinstall BB desktop manager. Maybe that will do the trick.
    05-18-09 07:42 PM
    Just tried the reinstall of BB desktop manager. Again, cleared that browser cache first - still failing on backup right after FIREWALL OPTIONS. This sucks...
    05-18-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD