I used to be able to browse both internal and external memory from my PC when connected by a USB cord, but since the upgrade, I can only browse the memory card.

Am I doing something wrong? Or what?

Thanks.

Steve
    10-26-09 05:19 PM
    I've seen this happen as well. Oddly enough, a workaround for me is to connect the phone to the computer (usb), then go into Desktop Manager, then go to Media, then launch Media Manager. After Media Manager opens, close it. Then unplug the phone and plug it back. You should get both drive letters mapped again. Unfortunately, this fix is not permanent. So, you may have to do it again. However, I rarely need to explore the device memory so it doesn't really bug me.
    10-26-09 06:00 PM
    Options>Memory>
    Mass Storage Mode Support (ON)
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected (Yes)
    10-26-09 06:03 PM
    Options>Memory>
    Mass Storage Mode Support (ON)
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected (Yes)
    He said he can explore the media card so this must be already enabled. I have the same issue as he does even with Mass Storage turned on. Before 5.0, whenever I connected the Storm to the computer, two drive letters would map, one for internal memory, one for the sd card. Now, when I connect, only the sd card gets mapped to a drive letter.
    10-26-09 06:06 PM
    He said he can explore the media card so this must be already enabled. I have the same issue as he does even with Mass Storage turned on. Before 5.0, whenever I connected the Storm to the computer, two drive letters would map, one for internal memory, one for the sd card. Now, when I connect, only the sd card gets mapped to a drive letter.
    Do you have Auto Detect set to yes also?
    10-26-09 06:08 PM
    I too have the same issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 06:09 PM
    Do you have Auto Detect set to yes also?
    Yes sir. My Memory options are set as follows:

Compression: Disabled
    Media Card Support: On
    Media Transfer Protocol: On
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage when...: Yes
    10-26-09 06:23 PM
    yeah its like its random for me .sometimes i will get blackberry 1 and 2 sometimes only 2 again its random ..whats the haps dogsies?
    10-26-09 06:27 PM
    I've seen this happen as well. Oddly enough, a workaround for me is to connect the phone to the computer (usb), then go into Desktop Manager, then go to Media, then launch Media Manager. After Media Manager opens, close it. Then unplug the phone and plug it back. You should get both drive letters mapped again. Unfortunately, this fix is not permanent. So, you may have to do it again. However, I rarely need to explore the device memory so it doesn't really bug me.
    Simpler than that. Just let Dm check your device for app updates, close it, unplug your phone, and the next time you connect your phone to the computer you will see both drives. Next time you reboot your phone, you will have the same problem. Same solution.
    10-26-09 06:28 PM
    yeah its like its random for me .sometimes i will get blackberry 1 and 2 sometimes only 2 again its random ..whats the haps dogsies?
    10-26-09 06:34 PM
    Happened to me also, however I fixed it by using the " BB storage activation " file that fixed the no USB " drive " access on re-ferb'ed phones.
    warezusa.org/thread-49748.html
    10-26-09 06:59 PM
    Did anyone solve this issue? I still only see the memory card when I connect my Storm to my computer with .328
    10-27-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD