Hi

I previously had a problem syncing my Calendar with the Storm because I have two calendars in Outlook (and two email addresses) and the Storm can't handle this. On this forum, I learned to delete the second calendar and sync it. This, while totally unsatisfactory, at least allowed me to sync the Calendar.

I now only have one Calendar and one email address account feeding into the Storm (ie in 'advanced options', 'service books', I have deleted the second account entirely).

Suddenly, the Calendar again will not sync. I have checked the Outlook Calendar to ensure there aren't any entries in there that were inadvertently created with the (now deleted) second account.

Thoughts? This is enough to make one batty
    03-01-09 06:53 PM
    ^BUMP^
    Today I also lost ability to sync calendars. They were working fine before now just will not work. Have trie settings, email addresses, etc... and nothing. Address book still syncs just not calendars. Any help appreciated.
    03-04-09 09:16 PM
    Have you done anything recently like add new email addresses to your device or anything? This includes readding an address or such.

Also are you getting any type of error message at all? Have you double checked to make sure Calendar sync is still enabled in the synch options on DM?
    03-04-09 09:22 PM
    This has happened to me a couple of times with both the Calendar and Address book and the following has fixed it:

In DM go to Backup/Restore then to Advanced and clear the Calendar entries (or address book entries) and then try to do the Sync again.

I suggest doing a backup first, just in case.
    03-04-09 09:27 PM
    Yes another email address was added to my Storm. No error messages. Bit email address was added a couple days ago and sync worked up until today. Is there a way to reset it?
    03-04-09 09:28 PM
    I'm working off of theory here as I haven't had this issue but try going to Options > advanced > default services, and make sure that Calendar is set to the appropriate default email address (and not say, changed to the new email address you just added). This may be causing your calendar issues.

Try synching again after this.
    03-04-09 09:36 PM
    I use Google Calendar to sync three computers at my office, two notebooks and my (just purchased yesterday) Storm. The sync applets for Windows and BB are a free download.

A note from experience...

Make sure the Google Calendar is up to date with the data from all of your devices, then 1) backup the calendar on your device, 2) delete ALL calendar entries, and 3) do a one-way sync from Google to your device. Otherwise you wind up with tons of extra entries.

After that, just change the settings in the Google applet to two-way sync.

I love the Google calendar sync. My secretary can enter an appointment on her desktop PC, and it's on every other calendar within 20 minutes or less.

EDIT: Google also has applets for iPhone, Windows Mobile, Apple iCal and Mozilla Sunbird.
    Last edited by rlmesq; 03-04-09 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added info
    03-04-09 09:40 PM
    Kokur Thank you. Did what you said and it just sync'd up. It was driving me nuts. I will add some additional appointemtns and make sure it syncs. Thanks again
    03-04-09 09:45 PM
    Kokur Thank you. Did what you said and it just sync'd up. It was driving me nuts. I will add some additional appointemtns and make sure it syncs. Thanks again
    No problem as soon as you said that I figured that's what happened. Didn't know it would have an effect with synching though, which is something I know now. One thing to check as well, check any appointments you added since adding that email address. Any new appointments may be under that new email address and not your primary one. They won't synch then, so may want to open them up and change the email address back to your primary.
    03-05-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD