So Iv been getting this message every now and then, It seems to increase more with each and every new os, (official, leak, hybrid) Does not matter which OS or even phone (since this is my second storm) But after using the phone I the alerts for email or IM wont play and neither will any video or music. Iv read other posts about this problem. And have tried all the "fix-its" calling my voicemail and then immediately handing up always works as well as a batt pull. Its frustrating when I keep getting buzed and no ringtone will work. How the heck am I supposed to know if i want to look at my phone right away lol.

I know why its doing this, the stupid phone program thinks its still active. Im posting to ask if anyone has come across a permanent fix for this problem. Or am I doomed to be plagued by this problem till i get the next storm upgrade which at this rate will be the storm 4. (If they get past storm 3)
    05-24-10 06:57 PM
    If your phone has a warranty and if loading new OSes or reloading the OS doesn't help, take the phone in and explain the problem to your carrier. There maybe something else going on.
    05-24-10 10:55 PM
    This is my second phone from verizon, it happened on the other one as well. And from other posts it seems other people have the same problem, do you think its hardware? Maybe Ill try taking it in again, who knows maybe they will upgrade me to the storm 2
    05-24-10 11:49 PM
    All I know is that I don't have the problem, and a lot of others don't either. If you are having this problem and have had it on two phones now, the only other suggestion is to check your apps. There may be an app that is causing the problem and if that's the case and you end up getting a new phone and installing the app again, you may end up in the same position. Try removing each app one at a time and see if/when the problem disappears. If it goes away, then the app you removed last is the problem. In that case, contact the developer and let them know about the problem. They may be able to work on a fix from their end.

If you remove all your 3rd party apps and still continue to have the problem, then I'd take your phone in.
    05-25-10 12:18 AM
    Ill try it thanks
    05-25-10 11:12 AM
    Did you try a good old battery pull? My dad's phone stopped playing his ringtone so i pulled the battery and it was good to go again
    05-25-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD