Hey guys. How would I cancel sending a text message - let's say because I sent something by accident?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 08:44 AM
    Once it was sent, its all over..
    01-03-10 08:52 AM
    Better come up with a story to tell the GF about the text you meant for the other girl.
    01-03-10 09:29 AM
    Yeah, there is no way to stop it once sent. Sorry
    01-03-10 09:40 AM
    Better come up with a story to tell the GF about the text you meant for the other girl.
    Too funny.
    01-03-10 11:52 AM
    Too funny.
    Too true!
    01-03-10 11:59 AM
    Just say NO to drunk dialers.
    01-03-10 12:00 PM
    ''Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive
    Sir Walter Scott

Good Luck
    01-03-10 12:04 PM
    I can't believe it. Anybody can press the send key by accident maybe when they really wanted the period key lol. RIM need to implement a cancel feature for messages in transit in the next OS.

01-03-10 02:43 PM
    Lol...bud, it is that way with any phone
    01-03-10 03:11 PM
    Not true. All the phones which aren't BB's that I've used in the past would allow me to cancel the send by pressing the end button. A message would appear saying "cancelling..."

To the OP: On a BB you cannot - it's extremely stupid as I've hit it many times but I realized over time there isn't much you can do.

One recommendation I have is to set the enter key to not send the sms until options>smstext - that way even if you press enter it won't send the message.
    01-03-10 03:47 PM
    I think every "dumb phone" I have ever owned you just simply hit the end/cancel key to stop sending the message. But none of the "smart" phones I have used had that ability.
    01-03-10 03:50 PM
    Wow, man I feel your pain.
    but you got some splaining to do!

No disrespect, but it does not help to blame the phone. Just be careful next time.

You can always use Shaggy's line "....it wasn't me!"
    01-03-10 09:17 PM
    Typically my phone sends the messages faster than I can think about cancelling the send.
    01-03-10 09:26 PM
    I can't believe it. Anybody can press the send key by accident maybe when they really wanted the period key lol. RIM need to implement a cancel feature for messages in transit in the next OS.

The .428 leak has an option to turn "Hit Enter for Send" off ...
    01-03-10 11:55 PM
    The .428 leak has an option to turn "Hit Enter for Send" off ...
    Really? That would be cool just for the fact of not finishing the text before sending... although sometimes it takes 2 enters to send.. not sure.
    anyway, yeah, the dumb phones are too slow and you have time to cancel. Smart phones like the BB are much too fast. No way to stop it.
    01-04-10 08:10 AM
    Actually, before I switched back to using a BB, I had an LG Dare. It cancelled messages. All you had to do was hit the end button and the message was cancelled. Your comment fits all BBs though. :-)
    07-03-10 09:03 AM
    I'm confused.
    You can always not send the message.
    Once you have pressed "send" it's gone.
    There is no delay.
    07-03-10 12:53 PM
    It's like a fire and forget missile. Once it's away, there's no stopping it
    07-03-10 06:16 PM
    Ready, fire, aim!
    07-03-10 08:30 PM
    If you can access the radio before it sends you can just turn it off and turn the connection back on. Then you're safe. Other than that, you're done
    07-05-10 12:57 AM
    There's nothing like thinking you're sending an "I miss you" text to a woman only to have your former work partner (a male) write back "Although it's weird not working with you anymore... that's a little much" LOL!!!

Wish there was a tiny little program that would queue your messages for, say, 5-7 seconds that will give you just enough time to pull it back. Or even a confirmation "do you want to send this message"... just in case your finger slips on the Enter button. Or if in a BBM conversation you accidentally swipe to a different conversation and really screw up...
    07-05-10 08:38 AM
    Dear Tiger,

Didn't you learn ANYTHING the last time around? If you can't stop yourself from texting waitresses you met @ Perkins, better take another break from the PGA tour and go back to the sex addicts rehab clinic for a tuneup.

Oh, yeah… one last thing… that commercial with your late dad's voice was REALLY creepy.

07-05-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD