Hey guys long time reader and long time blackberry user! I am on my third storm first was badly made, was bought week after release. Second strom was GREAT! Super fast no memory leaks, no light leaks perfect in all ways except it would retain tons of dust under the screen so returned it today and got new strom. The new strom has a build date of 1/9/09 and made in canada. Last phone build date was 12/10/08 and made in mexico. New phone from canada has very stiff screen, NO light leaks but takes 22 minutes to load afer battery pull!!!:eek People can not hear me on other end there is almost a 15 sec delay before the other party can hear me. When i dial out from the phone it takes almost 15 seconds to connect to other end. On some calls there is a very bad echo. Last strom had great service. new strom is very inconsistant. When i loaded apps today and did batt. pull it took very very long to boot up and then it just pops up error messages. delted all 3rd party apps and did battery pull still very very slow and has not been able to retain battery for longer than 7 hours with no use but about 15 3 min phone calls. Phone is going back tomorrow i am really hoping for the best because this would be my last exchange b/c warranty ends tomorrow. Let me know if any one is having problems with canadian strom. Is there any fix's that any one knows of that would help me out. I know the most common answer is get a new phone but verizon rep is being a total ****.. tells me all of these problems are in my head. and when I spoke to general manager he said well you must be "creating these problems" we have not any phones come back with defects. Called VZW and tech put in for me to get new phone but store will NOT honor request!! HELP!!!
    01-24-09 09:15 AM
    Have you done the usual
    Batt Pull
    re register on the network
    ????
    01-24-09 10:06 AM
    Have you done the usual
    Batt Pull
    re register on the network
    ????
    yeah did batt pull three times cathed network.. updated with vzw i dunno what else to do!
    01-24-09 10:29 AM
    Call VZW tell CSR you want BB Support and go from there...Do not waste time with store folks most of them don't know a BB from a Bluetooth...
    01-24-09 10:32 AM
    CRAZY THING looking at box they gave me wih replacemtn brand new! box says made in canida and inside battery cover says made in mexico 5 WTF!!!!!any one else with same prob. got new replacement form VZW corp store. still under 30 days so i know not referb or is it
    01-26-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD