Well I have been reading about the storm and the US and vodaphone. Not so many voda members posting too much but the US for sure. I know us here in Canada with Telus have a few more weeks atleast until the 8th or so. But the question I have is do you think it will be the same OS and things as the ones already released? honestly i don't care if it is because i will still be getting one lol!! Also what about the wait time? I mean I haven't seen a Telus that is located on a street they are all located inside a mall. So how will the being first in line thing work? lol! will you wait outside the mall until it opens and then hope that you get there before others do? just a question.
    11-24-08 05:23 PM
    For what its worth...I chatted with the owner of BWireless communications in Vancouver earlier this afternoon. BWireless (Telus's authorized corporate dealer) happens to be part of Telus's head office in downtown Vancouver. This guy seems to have a pretty good pulse on upcoming release dates and he said Telus will be releasing the Storm on December 10th. Why that date you ask?? Because there is a big rally the day before and he said he is very confident they are going to release the phone the next day. Also, because Telus has a high content of business users of Blackberry phones, the deliberately held off the release date to allow RIM to clean up the bug issues. They didn't want a whole core of their business users pissed off because of an unstable OS. Whether or not the release date takes place?...stay tuned!
    11-24-08 06:32 PM
    I'm a Bell Mobility user and have been in contact with them, they said it will be released Dec 9th to both Telus and Bell. I don't think we will have the same probs as UK and US as we won't have the same software pre-installed (Vodafone & VW are owned by the same company). Also RIM is just down the highway from me and I don't think they want a mob at their door ;-)
    11-24-08 06:41 PM
    I work for TELUS, I'm a client care rep . The Storm will be released the first week of December says the big heads at the TELUS road show I went to on Tuesday Nov.18 in toronto. They didn't want to give an exact date but the kept say the first week of December. Hopefully thats true. Hope that help. Also the question about the Malls most mall doors are open an hour before the stores open.
    11-24-08 07:14 PM
    Thank you all for the information. Yeah CX had said 8-10th for sure later than the 2nd because of the relase party stuff going on. I guess I'm a little antsy now lol!! wanting this phone!! thanks again!
    11-24-08 07:19 PM
    Yeah the release party is on Dec 2 at the Guvernment night club I jus go my confirmation email today so I will be attending ill try to bring back any info I can .
    11-24-08 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD