hey guys i was wondering if you can update the os on this phone? can u also add themes to it like the original 9530? it is a clone to the storm....my friend got it and i am asking for him.... THANKS IN ADVANCED!

Cheap CESIM A9530 Java Wifi TV Quad Band GSM Mobile Phone

05-08-10 08:18 AM
    You probably could if you can find an updated OS for it. Seems like is would be running something made to look like a BB OS,but I don't see how it could be running a real BB OS.

Can your friend tell who made the Os that is on that phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 08:26 AM
    I's very unlikely unless the manufacturer supplies a new ROM for the phone... non-smartphones are usually not updated and so usually are not designed to be flashed with a newer rom, let alone that the ROM has to be for the exact same phone.
    That being said, I think his best solution is to upgrade to the SciPhone N19, which is Android based and so can be upgraded more easily, and should be skinnible to look more like the Storm.
    05-08-10 09:55 AM
    Why are we discussing this in the Storm forum.
    This should be in the "fake and look alike - posers" forum.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek.
    05-08-10 05:51 PM
    If you read the web page carefully and review the questions you will see that it is a GSM only phone, more like a 9500. They also indicated that it will NOT work with BBM. Not sure if it can be connected to RIM, but likely not.
    05-08-10 11:40 PM
    If you read the web page carefully and review the questions you will see that it is a GSM only phone, more like a 9500. They also indicated that it will NOT work with BBM. Not sure if it can be connected to RIM, but likely not.
    not exactly, the 9500 is HSPA in Europe (and NA maybe idr), while this phone isn't even capable of EDGE from what i can tell.
    05-09-10 01:41 AM
    Why are we discussing this in the Storm forum.
    This should be in the "fake and look alike - posers" forum.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek.
    I totally agree with you.
    05-10-10 07:14 AM
    I's very unlikely unless the manufacturer supplies a new ROM for the phone... non-smartphones are usually not updated and so usually are not designed to be flashed with a newer rom, let alone that the ROM has to be for the exact same phone.
    That being said, I think his best solution is to upgrade to the SciPhone N19, which is Android based and so can be upgraded more easily, and should be skinnible to look more like the Storm.
    Nice find. I'm almost tempted to try this Android phone.
    05-10-10 07:38 PM
    It's perfect if you prefer Wifi over Cellular internet.

thinking about it, they MAY be TD-SCDMA compatible, but that is meaningless unless you're in China.
    05-10-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD