Searched everywhere and it says over and over about how good the Gateway is for sending music via your Blackberry to your stereo. With all the new radio stations released during CES is there a way to stream that radio right to your BB Gateway to play it over your home stereo? How? I am hoping someone knows what I am talking about...the remote stereo gateway. Its the little bluetooth receptor Blackberry released for you to attach to your home stereo....but I don't want to buy it if I can't put the radio stations available on my storm through it.
    Last edited by tscheidt; 01-19-09 at 06:01 PM. Reason: neen answer
    01-19-09 04:33 PM
    I have the blackberry stereo gateway you are talking about and it works very well. The distance is much greater then I would have expected, I think I get the full 30 feet that bluetooth is rated at. Streaming radio does work with it. I have used both flycast and slacker. Both sound good but I think slacker sounds better. The gateway lets you save multiple devices to it. I also use it to play music from my computer. I think slacker sounds just as good being streamed from my blackberry as it does being streamed from my computer. Now if they would just come out with a storm version of slacker that fixes the bugs it would be even better. I also use bluetooth s9 headphones with slacker while running. That also works well but it would be nice if the skip button on the headphones would work with slacker the way it does with the regular BB media player.
    01-19-09 10:56 PM
    I have the blackberry stereo gateway you are talking about and it works very well. The distance is much greater then I would have expected, I think I get the full 30 feet that bluetooth is rated at. Streaming radio does work with it. I have used both flycast and slacker. Both sound good but I think slacker sounds better. The gateway lets you save multiple devices to it. I also use it to play music from my computer. I think slacker sounds just as good being streamed from my blackberry as it does being streamed from my computer. Now if they would just come out with a storm version of slacker that fixes the bugs it would be even better. I also use bluetooth s9 headphones with slacker while running. That also works well but it would be nice if the skip button on the headphones would work with slacker the way it does with the regular BB media player.
    Thanks a tonne that answers my question. As I figured why pay for Satellite radio when I can just pay a one time charge for the Gateway. Appreciate it.
    01-20-09 04:05 PM
    Is this same gateway you are talking about?
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry ASY-16130-001 Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway (Black) for Blackberry 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9000: Cell Phones & Service

Big difference in price from what others are asking for it. It it works on the Storm, I'm buying it.
    01-20-09 05:28 PM
    I just bought the gateway, and i cant seem to be able to stream slacker or pandora... am i doing something wrong here???
    My blackberry is the 8820

Please help
    06-10-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD