Does anyone know if there is a way to personalize the ringtone from a specific sender in SMS texts that same way we can with Phone call notifications?
    01-16-09 11:50 PM
    yup... go into sounds and scroll towards the bottom and select custom alerts and add names. You can also do this inside of contacts. Edit the contacts and choose sms ringers for them.
    01-16-09 11:53 PM
    Go to SMS/MMS folder > BB Key > Message Alerts & then click on whatever alerts you want to change (email, SMS, MMS, etc)
    01-16-09 11:54 PM
    I don't believe you can assign a different tone to individuals for sms. You can use a tone of your choosing but it will apply to all incoming sms.

Edit: Hmmm, is the Storm so different that it allows this personalization?
    Last edited by gregmar; 01-16-09 at 11:56 PM.
    01-16-09 11:54 PM
    I don't believe you can assign a different tone to individuals for sms. You can use a tone of your choosing but it will apply to all incoming sms.

Edit: Hmmm, is the Storm so different that it allows this personalization?
    You can't on the curve, but you can on the storm.
    01-16-09 11:57 PM
    Yes it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 11:58 PM
    Thats what it looks like to me too. You can do it for phone calls but I get SMS Texts when any of my company trucks cross gps fence lines - I keep looking at my Storm when I would just as soon ignor these messages during the day and pay major attention to them after hours. All the texts come from the same sender.
    01-16-09 11:59 PM
    Thats what it looks like to me too. You can do it for phone calls but I get SMS Texts when any of my company trucks cross gps fence lines - I keep looking at my Storm when I would just as soon ignor these messages during the day and pay major attention to them after hours. All the texts come from the same sender.
    Go into your contacts. Select the contact who the SMS's come from. Blackberry Button>Edit. Scroll to Custom Ring Tones/Alerts. Choose Messages. From here, you can select your tones and volume settings.
    01-17-09 12:02 AM
    All of my family members have different ring tones for SMS. My old 8130 Pearl could not do this. Man I love my Storm.
    01-17-09 12:10 AM
    All of my family members have different ring tones for SMS. My old 8130 Pearl could not do this. Man I love my Storm.
    How did you do it?
    Do you have a diffrent tone on the SMS than a Phone Call?
    01-17-09 12:15 AM
    How did you do it?
    Do you have a diffrent tone on the SMS than a Phone Call?
    Please look at my instructions that I gave you.
    01-17-09 12:21 AM
    This is fairly simple to do, goto your sound profiles and scroll to "Set Contact Alerts"

From there select the contact you want to apply the changes too

Then you csn set custom rings and dings for that person or group of ppl

01-17-09 12:22 AM
    Please look at my instructions that I gave you.
    I added the contact that notifies me and followed your instructions but it still uses the default SMS tone and not the custom one that I set????
    01-17-09 12:38 AM
    This is fairly simple to do, goto your sound profiles and scroll to "Set Contact Alerts"

From there select the contact you want to apply the changes too

Then you csn set custom rings and dings for that person or group of ppl

This worked!! - Thanks.
    01-17-09 12:45 AM
    I added the contact that notifies me and followed your instructions but it still uses the default SMS tone and not the custom one that I set????
    You made sure to save everything right? I just tried it on my own storm and it worked.....
    01-17-09 12:47 AM
    Nice! Didnt realize i could do it for individuals and GROUPS!!!

Thank you
    01-17-09 12:52 AM
    You can't on the curve, but you can on the storm.
    Ah, Thanks for clearing that up Niubeav! That is a great added feature, wish the curve could do that.
    01-17-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD