I will be returning my 2nd storm for clicking problems, but it is after my 30 days are up. I do have the $5 a month insurance plan though. Is there any way my replacement storm could be new? If so, how could you convince verizon to give you a new one? Thanks for all the advice!!!
    02-24-09 04:27 PM
    i believe your one year warranty would cover any problems with the phone itself. If they cant fix the problem they will issue a refurbished one in replacement. I fixed my clicking problem using the loosen the screw method, has worked like a charm ever since.
    02-24-09 04:32 PM
    After my third replacement I convinced Verizon to give me a new one, and I have been happy with my Storm since. It wouldn't hurt to try your luck and ask them. But usually after the third replacement, you have to option of a different phone.
    02-24-09 04:34 PM
    After my third replacement I convinced Verizon to give me a new one, and I have been happy with my Storm since. It wouldn't hurt to try your luck and ask them. But usually after the third replacement, you have to option of a different phone.
    Was that before or after your 30 days?
    02-24-09 04:36 PM
    After my 30 days.
    02-24-09 04:37 PM
    Just yell and complain I have had three brand new phones way after my 30 days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 04:42 PM
    I believe that will be next to impossible. Verizon fried my voyager while doing an update and I ended up with a refirb no matter how much protesting I did. They did give me an early upgrade, hence the Storm.
    02-24-09 04:54 PM
    Just yell and complain I have had three brand new phones way after my 30 days

Lol I'll try that and hope for the best. : )

02-24-09 05:00 PM
    After my 30 days.
    Right now I am on my second storm. Will that make a difference?

02-24-09 05:02 PM
    Here's my Storm story, on my 3rd. I'll tell you how I got there. 1st one was purchased on launch date, waited in 7 degree weather at 7:30 am. It ended up having hardware issues, so I took it in to my store the very next week. The young lady I deal with was very understanding and made things happen. I did have to get on the phone w/ some hoser though, he tries telling me that he's gonna send a Storm out but can't guarantee it's gonna be brand new. I tell him, yea right; I just bought a brand new one last week and I'm not taking a refurbished or recertified. Anyway I agree that he can't guarantee, I told him and my great VZW rep that I'll be back if he sends me anything other than new.

Yep, you guessed it, I get a used Storm from Fedex two days later. Now, before leaving the store last time I talked with my rep and she let me know that she would give me a brand new Storm if this happened. Unfortunately, the store was sold out so I'd have to wait until they got their next shipment, so her and her boss both knew that I would be going past my 30 day window. It was sometime in the first or second week of January when I got a text letting me know that I could come in and pick up my brand new Storm. No questions asked, no hassle, no screaming, no complaining.

There's my Storm saga, just wanted to share! Go CrackBerry!
    02-24-09 05:04 PM
    3rd new storm after 30 days..
    02-24-09 05:04 PM
    3rd new storm after 30 days..
    What did you have to do to get them?

02-24-09 05:10 PM
    i got verizon by myself im 14 and i tell them my number they take it and give me a brand new one in 30 mins if its in stock and if its not they ship it im getting my third one shipped right now what happend was it had alot of scratches so i wanted to start new so i pulled it out before the update was done
    02-24-09 05:10 PM
    i got verizon by myself im 14 and i tell them my number they take it and give me a brand new one in 30 mins if its in stock and if its not they ship it im getting my third one shipped right now what happend was it had alot of scratches so i wanted to start new so i pulled it out before the update was done

So if I followed that correctly you got a refurbished but you are returning it for a new one?And is this before or after the 30 days?

02-24-09 05:14 PM
    You're 14 and you have your own Verizon account?

No.....you don't.
    02-24-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD