Hey,

I tried to sync my iTunes music onto my BB and it only transferred about 1/2 of the songs. It said the others were not transferable b/c they were protected. The funny thing is that some of the songs transferred were indeed purchased songs (most were not), but ALL of the non-transferable ones were purchased. Is there a way around this? Thanks.
    01-12-09 04:35 PM
    Burn it to a music CD, reimport as Mp3s, copy those?
    01-12-09 04:37 PM
    Some of the latest songs are not protected. To get around the DRM you can burn it onto a cd and re-rip it onto your hard drive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 04:39 PM
    Has anyone gotten Zune songs to work that way? The ****ty thing is my cd burner doesn't work right now. Is there any other method to get around that?
    01-12-09 04:52 PM
    Hey,

I tried to sync my iTunes music onto my BB and it only transferred about 1/2 of the songs. It said the others were not transferable b/c they were protected. The funny thing is that some of the songs transferred were indeed purchased songs (most were not), but ALL of the non-transferable ones were purchased. Is there a way around this? Thanks.
    You can upgrade to itunes plus for 30 cent per song you can remove the DRM on most song. Otherwise google "tunebite". That is a program I use and love.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 04:52 PM
    Thanks...thats kind of annoying, but oh well. Looks like since I've paid for the songs I could do what I want??
    01-12-09 04:53 PM
    Just download and install Noteburner. NoteBurner M4P Converter - M4P to MP3 Converter - Convert iTunes M4P, protected WMA to MP3 It's probably the best program outthere for remove drm protection. Just google it up on the net, you'll find a bunch of torrents for it
    01-12-09 05:13 PM
    Apple is removing all DRM protected songs in the near future.
    01-12-09 08:05 PM
    I just purchased my storm last week and tried the bb itunes synch two nights ago. It declined to transfer the itunes drm protected files, but did transfer my cd ripped music. Last night I opted to convert my itunes library using itunes plus. It cost about $32 for about 150 or more songs. I wasn't paying attention to the number of protected songs I had. My total library is about 6 gbs. They deleted (to the recycle bin) the drm songs I had and downloaded new files with 256 kbps AAC rather than 128. The download took about 1 hour. At this moment, I am listening to the new files on my storm with bb provided ear phones but am waiting for my etymotic in canal ear phones to arrive. I am very pleased at the sound.
    01-14-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD