Probably the most frustrating thing on my Storm is the predictive text. Most times it is helpful. Sometimes, it makes we want to hurl the phone through a window.

Is there any way to edit what comes up? When I type "You" I get "Ypu" or "Tou". When I type "sorry" I get "apert". Any way to edit what comes up when you type words that are this common? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Lou
    04-11-10 09:54 AM
    Yes, go to Options > Custom Dictionary. Edit it how you'd prefer.
    04-11-10 10:13 AM
    Yes, go to Options > Custom Dictionary. Edit it how you'd prefer.
    This only allows you to edit the words added by the user, not the stupid suggestions the phone makes.
    04-11-10 11:07 AM
    but it also captures erros made by the user. in his examples the words it is changing it too are obvious errors he has made so he can delete them
    04-11-10 11:32 AM
    I was able to delete the "ypu" and the "tou" but not the "apert" - that is not in the dictionary - yet, when I type in "sorry" it comes out as "apert" (same keys)

Also annoying is that I have my Storm in case with a flip cover - and when the corrections come out - frequently the correct one is flush up against the upper edge and I can't select it because of the cover - have to use my pinky carefully to select it - my thumb is too big. Typing on the screen is annoying sometimes - that is the problem - most times it is OK - but you get some times when it does not work and you have to go back and correct it.

Lou
    04-11-10 11:44 AM
    I had a similar issue with the word "get". When I typed "get", it would replace it with "her" even from the full size keyboard. I haven't noticed it since I upgraded to .607. Maybe that wiped things out and it won't happen anymore.
    04-11-10 12:11 PM
    the get/her and apart/sorry etc cant really be fixed. It is going on of what is most used on the phone. there is no way to assign priority on it
    04-11-10 12:28 PM
    I could understand sorry/apart - but I could not understand sorry/apert. But when I deleted "tou" and "ypu" that one went away and not "sorry" defaults to Sorry instead of "apert".

If there was rhyme or reason it would make sense - but it does not always make sense.

Lou
    04-11-10 03:11 PM
    My issue with get/her is not really the predictive. I get this issue on the landscape, full keyboard. It auto corrects when I type. I even put an entry into the custom keyboard to correct "get" to "get" to try to trick it, but that didn't even work. I haven't noticed it since I upgraded to .607 last week, so I hope that it was wiped away.
    04-11-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD