Is there a way to disable just the phone portion of the device and still use data (emails, web, texts, blackberry messenger, etc) ???

Something I've been wondering.
    12-12-08 08:22 PM
    The phone service has to be on to access data.
    12-12-08 08:23 PM
    Ok, there should be an option though. Just to clarify, I don't mean disable the phone all together forever, I just mean temportarily turn the phone wireless off and still use data during that time.
    12-12-08 08:37 PM
    The only option is to turn off the Mobile Network. When you do that it disables the phone which is needed to send txt,email, data, etc.
    12-12-08 08:41 PM
    Ok, well then they still should offer the option!
    12-12-08 08:48 PM
    It is not offered because with the phone module turned off you can not receive any data at all. It uses the phone to send/receive data usage.
    12-12-08 08:53 PM
    Why would you want to do this?
    12-12-08 08:54 PM
    Ok, well then they still should offer the option!
    Why would you want that option?
    12-12-08 08:55 PM
    I know on other Blackberries, Verizon & other carriers can disable the "voice features" of a phone for hearing Impaired individuals. Preventing the phone from making or receiving voice calsl while leaving data transmission(Text/Email/Internet) intact.

It can be a pain to do so as many CSRs don't know this option exists. Also some less reputable CSRs don't want to do so because including the voice charges when setting up an account obviously makes a bigger sale.
    12-13-08 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD