Sorry if I kinda pulled you into this thread but I want people to feel my pain.

Well today I decided to go FINALLY get my hands on time with the Storm in a VZW store. I go in, there's a LINE to see the phone.(This is NYC were talking about here) Dual phone setup. Whole shabang. Its finally my turn and to sum up YET ANOTHER "Review", I love it. Its an awesome all around device. Definitely an alternative to the iPhone. I only say that cause no other Touchscreen is on my radar. I actually found it easier to type on than my current 8800. This is all personal experience, so I don't expect anyone to take from this and make a decision. YOU have to try it for yourself. Sure it has its glitches here and there, but what BRAND SPANKING NEW product doesn't. Being a Blackberry user for up till now two different devices(8700g, 8800), I totally trust RIM to deliver regarding updates and fixes. All the concerns I might have were purely software anyway. "It will" be a force to be reckoned with.

I actually took a pic with the phone and emailed it to myself. Very nice. I like a nice camera phone, especially since I haven't had one with my last two phones. I wasn't even really trying to take a good shot either.

OK, on to the main reason for this thread and the reason for my sorrow.
    So I decided to walk a couple blocks to another VZ storm cause the one I was at didn't really give me enough time to play with it. There was always a line and they weren't really letting people stay with it too long.
    The other store I went to had no one so I played till my heart was content. Anyways one of the reps finally came up to me and did the whole "Do you need any help" thing, and we talked about stuff, and blah, blah, blah, until finally she up and said the following:

"You know if you want, I actually have one left in the back that someone never came for. I can sell you that one right now."

MY HEART STOPPED! Not because I couldn't believe that after all this inadequate stock, and not being able to get it till next month and everything. Not because of that but because I wasn't prepared to purchase it right then. I had to spend the money on something else cause I figured I have to wait till next month anyways. Man I wanted to kick myself. I got there number so maybe there's still hope. Anyway, that's my story. Hopefully soon I can join the Storm ranks. Laterz.
    Last edited by cocruxified; 11-22-08 at 07:39 PM.
    11-22-08 07:15 PM
    thats some .... I HAVE ONE THAT SOMEONE NEVER CAME FOR??? what is this HOLDING a phone for people ...
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-22-08 at 10:42 PM. Reason: language
    11-22-08 07:32 PM
    Hey man, that's what she told me. I'm pretty sure she was for real about it too. I feel sorry for the first person they said no to on Friday though.
    11-22-08 07:39 PM
    its true .. i went into my local vzw store and wanted to get one sent to me to replace my malfuncting one.. and the guy said there is no more .. but the chick i dealt with in the morning when i bought it said Dont bull **** him he was out side for 8 hours and was the first one to get it, she went on to say how there is two in back and they were holding them for people now .. i was pissed
    11-22-08 07:42 PM
    Hey man, that's what she told me. I'm pretty sure she was for real about it too. I feel sorry for the first person they said no to on Friday though.
    I was told no to on friday well cause he couldnt bill it to my account but he was able to do it again and later but he didnt have anymore phones so i have to wait till they ship mine on monday.
    11-22-08 07:43 PM
    thats some .... I HAVE ONE THAT SOMEONE NEVER CAME FOR??? what is this HOLDING a phone for people ...
    Tell me about it. I went into a store and they had just gotten a shipment and because the VZW POS system was down, they couldn't register the stock. So, I was about to upgrade my phone and plan and they said that they wouldn't be able to sell it to me right away and that I would have to physically pick it up. They said that even if I paid for it, they couldn't hold it for me and that I would have to have it shipped if I didn't wait the 6 hours it took them to put the phones into their inventory.
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-22-08 at 10:45 PM. Reason: language in quote
    11-22-08 07:45 PM
    Well I applaud your decision to hold off. I actually spent my grocery money.
    But who needs to eat I have my storm. I'll be eating at my mothers house for the next 3 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sam123gil; 11-22-08 at 07:50 PM.
    11-22-08 07:48 PM
    Well I applaud your decision to hold off. I actually spent my grocery money.
    But who needs to eat I have my storm. I'll be eating at my mothers house for the next 3 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah I unfortunately don't have that luxury. EAT AWAY!!
    11-22-08 07:51 PM
    Phone over food...? there's something wrong with this picture...hey I'm in NC I'll drop you off some peanut butter and honey!
    11-22-08 07:58 PM
    Don't forget the bananas and bread. Food for the soul. :-)
    11-22-08 08:00 PM
    Phone over food...? there's something wrong with this picture...hey I'm in NC I'll drop you off some peanut butter and honey!
    is that how you southern folk do it? us rich folk can affords the jelly!
    11-22-08 08:02 PM
    That sucks! Hopefully you can get one soon
    11-22-08 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD