So, we have terrible satellite internet and I want to use my blackberry to as the whole house's internet. Meaning, I want multiple computers to be able to access the internet through my blackberry at once. Can bluetooth do this? Or could I hook the BB up to our router somehow? Or could I hook it up to one of our computers and do network sharing?
    05-18-09 11:54 AM
    You could probably do this via windows internet connection sharing. I'd only be concerned with the usage, going over 5gb/month.
    05-18-09 12:02 PM
    You can. As for your plan, if you're on a nonlimited grandfather package, use away. If not, be aware of your useage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 12:05 PM
    you're talking about "internet sharing". its a setting under the network control panel. google it you'll find plenty of "how to" sites. once you've set it up, your laptop or PC becomes the router basically, but keep in mind that the tethering speeds are pretty slow. you'd be better off just using it for one connection at a time.

what is the end result that you're looking for, use, function, etc?
    05-18-09 12:27 PM
    you're talking about "internet sharing". its a setting under the network control panel. google it you'll find plenty of "how to" sites. once you've set it up, your laptop or PC becomes the router basically, but keep in mind that the tethering speeds are pretty slow. you'd be better off just using it for one connection at a time.

what is the end result that you're looking for, use, function, etc?
    Well there's 5 people in the house. There's 2 desktop computers and 3 laptops and I just want everyone to be able to get a decent internet connection... because the internet we have right now (satellite) is awful. And see, if it's my BB is just connected to one computer, then only one person can use the good internet at a time.
    05-18-09 12:31 PM
    tethering will be equal if not slower. but that's for 1 connection, 5 connections and it'll basically be pointless. i'd say you could use one at a time.
    05-18-09 12:49 PM
    tethering will be equal if not slower. but that's for 1 connection, 5 connections and it'll basically be pointless. i'd say you could use one at a time.
    Well, I'm gonna try it out anyway and see what happens. And it doesn't sound like you've ever been a HughesNet customer. It's like worse than dial-up.
    05-18-09 12:51 PM
    yeah, go for it. just don't try more than one PC at a time was the point of my input...but it depends on your network coverage and location as well. i used my curve for my PC internet connection for a whole summer, and it was only Rev. 0 i believe. the storm is Rev. A so should be slightly faster. it'll be at least equal to a BBA card or USB device.
    05-18-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD