Is there any way to turn off Suretype on the Storm2? It is a real pain in the a** to be typing and have this list of suggestions constantly in your face/in your way. I'm trying to help my companion with his set up (I went to the Tour - hated th touch screen, I prefer the physical keyboard). I haven't found any way to turn off suretype, but thought I would ask here.

TIA
    07-02-10 04:04 AM
    It's in the BlackBerry menu when the keyboard is active. You could choose between multitap, full qwerty and SureType.
    07-02-10 04:26 AM
    It's in the BlackBerry menu when the keyboard is active. You could choose between multitap, full qwerty and SureType.
    Thank you..
    07-02-10 06:28 AM
    Is there any way to turn off Suretype on the Storm2? It is a real pain in the a** to be typing and have this list of suggestions constantly in your face/in your way. I'm trying to help my companion with his set up (I went to the Tour - hated th touch screen, I prefer the physical keyboard). I haven't found any way to turn off suretype, but thought I would ask here.

TIA
    The only way I know of to avoid auto text, is to use multi tap instead of sure type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 06:37 AM
    Is there any way to turn off Suretype on the Storm2? It is a real pain in the a** to be typing and have this list of suggestions constantly in your face/in your way. I'm trying to help my companion with his set up (I went to the Tour - hated th touch screen, I prefer the physical keyboard). I haven't found any way to turn off suretype, but thought I would ask here.TIA
    Man, I hate to hear that; SureType is awesome, you just need to do TWO things:
    1) Give it a couple weeks to "learn your words." And
    2) Don't look at the screen when you type - that will drive you crazy! I was always stopping to make corrections rather than letting the phone correct itself the more I typed.
    When I first used it on my Pearl, I hated it, but was given the same advice as above. I reluctantly gave it another try and now, I couldn't live without it - the Storm2 in Portrait w/ST is the only way (for some) to go!
    07-02-10 06:49 AM
    Man, I hate to hear that; SureType is awesome, you just need to do TWO things:
    1) Give it a couple weeks to "learn your words." And
    2) Don't look at the screen when you type - that will drive you crazy! I was always stopping to make corrections rather than letting the phone correct itself the more I typed.
    When I first used it on my Pearl, I hated it, but was given the same advice as above. I reluctantly gave it another try and now, I couldn't live without it - the Storm2 in Portrait w/ST is the only way (for some) to go!
    I agree. It speeds your typing up so much.
    07-02-10 09:12 AM
    I agree. It speeds your typing up so much.
    +1 there is a bit of a learning curve but it is so far superior to anything else out there. SureType will force me to stay with either the storm or the pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD