This has held me back from getting the cradle/dock for the BB Storm. If I have the display on for an extra 8 or so hours per day, can that be bad for the Storm?

Specifically the screen and battery being overused more or less. Any damage that this can do?
    11-24-08 04:55 PM
    LCD screens have a fairly long life. I can't comment on the screen or backlight used in the Storm, but most consumer level LCD TV's have lifespans between 30,000 to 60,000 hours, which translates into several years, even if the screen was on 24x7. I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially given that most phones see a 2 or 3 year service life.

With regards to the battery, lithium ion technology has a limited number of charge/discharge cycles before it starts to loose its ability to hold a charge. I encountered this on my old LG VX4400: I used to plug it in every opportunity I got (multiple times a day), and about 2 and half years down the road, I could only coax about 20 minutes of talk time out of it.

That being said, battery technology is constantly improving, thus, newer batteries have more charge/discharge cycles, so if you only plug your phone in once or twice a day, there shouldn't be a problem at all. Leaving your phone plugged in for long periods of time has no adverse effect that I'm aware of, either.

Long story short...don't worry about it!
    11-24-08 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD