The old BB that I was using had a key sequence that I could input to change the battery graphic to a % (including the signal strength).

It was NMSL (caps NOT required)

Is there any known key sequence for the Storm to provide the same display?
    02-06-09 11:52 AM
    +1 i would like to know aswell
    02-06-09 12:02 PM
    Agreed. You can go to Options > Status to get your Signal Strength and your Battery %, but it would nice to have that displayed on the home screen.
    02-06-09 12:10 PM
    Don't know if this is what you are looking for but (and it sounds crazy)....from the home screen, if you hold down the back button key and tap or click the batterry, signal, battery, signal (in that order) it will show you the Help Me! screen.

It will display a bunch of good info, to include the battery %
    02-06-09 12:11 PM
    Don't know if this is what you are looking for but (and it sounds crazy)....from the home screen, if you hold down the back button key and tap or click the batterry, signal, battery, signal (in that order) it will show you the Help Me! screen.

Cool little trick but how in the *#@* did you figure that out.
    02-06-09 12:17 PM
    If you have QuickLaunch you can put "Device Info" on your list. This inludes your battery life!
    02-06-09 12:17 PM
    And I have tried all sorts of combinations also, and have discovered that if I tap "/" and "@" at the same time, on a Tuesday, with a full moon, while holding my Storm in the landscape position, that I get a secret message from Verizon indicating when the next OS will be released! Amazing stuff...
    02-06-09 12:22 PM
    Have you tried downloading sysInfo?
    02-06-09 12:23 PM
    And I have tried all sorts of combinations also, and have discovered that if I tap "/" and "@" at the same time, on a Tuesday, with a full moon, while holding my Storm in the landscape position, that I get a secret message from Verizon indicating when the next OS will be released! Amazing stuff...
    well when is it gonna be released? lol
    02-06-09 12:25 PM
    The old BB that I was using had a key sequence that I could input to change the battery graphic to a % (including the signal strength).
    Dunno about battery %, but you can change the signal strength from bars to a numerical (dB) value. Hold the phone in landscape mode, turn on the keyboard, num-lock and type the following: !,""

(exclamation point, comma, double quote, double quote)

Probably not coincidental, !,"" in num-lock mode are the same keys as NMLL in the keyboard mode. I obv. tried the corresponding NMSL in num-lock (which is !,4")...no dice.
    Last edited by keeena; 02-06-09 at 12:47 PM.
    02-06-09 12:39 PM
    It didn't work (!,"")
    02-06-09 12:59 PM
    You have to be on home screen for it to work. Repeating it switches back to bars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 01:06 PM
    It didn't work (!,"")
    It should! The 4 characters function as a toggle; you won't get confirmation or anything. Look in the upper RH corner and you should see numbers insead of bars for the signal strength.

You have to be on home screen for it to work. Repeating it switches back to bars.
    This is true. rjrsjr: this may have been your issue.

rdalemercer: Which phone had the NMSL combo? Do you have that old phone still? What alternate character exists for the "S"? I tried every possible combo for the 3rd character (since N = !, M = , and L = ") but no dice still. Maybe the "S" maps to something else. Just interested in trying to get the Battery one to work.
    Last edited by keeena; 02-06-09 at 01:13 PM.
    02-06-09 01:08 PM
    I can't take credit for it, I read it somewhere. Only reason why I remember it is because it is cool and I had the same WTF, how did someone ever figure that out?

Almost laughed out loud. F-N hilarious!
    02-06-09 01:11 PM
    It didn't work (!,"")
    Worked for me, that's awesome. How the heck do you figure this out?
    Last edited by paulanthonyc; 02-06-09 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Didn't know the opposite of heaven was banned. lol
    02-06-09 01:53 PM
    Yes I did. Thanks. Now if I just knew what the signal strength was. I know...picky, picky. Thanks.
    02-06-09 01:56 PM
    Haha, i guarantee at least 10 people will try it
    02-06-09 03:44 PM
    I'm sure when we have the ability to create themes that you could program one to display battery %
    02-06-09 04:31 PM
    This doesn't work for me -- ? Tried both portrait and landscape modes.

Also - any one know what the "globe" key is? I've looked at the virtual keyboard (again, landscape and portrait modes). It is supposedely to the immediate left of the space key. I am still on .75
    02-07-09 07:38 AM
    how do u figure all this stuff out?
    02-07-09 07:40 AM
    rdalemercer: Which phone had the NMSL combo? Do you have that old phone still? What alternate character exists for the "S"? I tried every possible combo for the 3rd character (since N = !, M = , and L = ") but no dice still. Maybe the "S" maps to something else. Just interested in trying to get the Battery one to work.
    Keena - sorry - my typo. It should have read "NMLL" -- originally I read that it stood for "No More Lousy Ladders" ...
    02-07-09 07:42 AM
    i wonder if we can enable this in the engineering screen
    02-07-09 09:37 AM
    just checked

dont see an option there
    02-07-09 09:46 AM

It was NMSL (caps NOT required)

Is there any known key sequence for the Storm to provide the same display?
    Options > Status
    02-07-09 10:01 AM
    So after all of this, i assume the answer to the original question is No lol

The signal strength and wierd tap combo screen info is all on the tips thread at the top of the page along with loads of other stuff u wudnt no. Check it out, its a good read.
    02-07-09 10:16 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD