I've had my storm for a while and thanks to everyone on this site the phone did not go back to Verizon. It was close to gettin shipped back but now that i have people to help me with it not just the one tryin to make me spend money. But my question is with the OS can someone tell me what they do and what one would be good for me. thanks so much
    02-11-09 10:32 AM
    Well id say that if you are running .75 upgrading to .99 would be a really nice change. I'm thinking about going to one of the Hybrid versions, but i might just wait for the next actual release from Verizon. I'm running .99 and I'm enjoying it. I hope i answered the question right lol.
    02-11-09 10:45 AM
    I haven't been keeping up lately... What is a hybrid version??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 10:59 AM
    A hybrid version is one where someone (in this case, mostly sith) takes the best features of the last few releases and merges them together.
    02-11-09 11:03 AM
    I would love to try out the .99 but I'm running windows 7 and saw the warning posted that it would kill my storm =( Not sure why! I hope that doesn't happen with the official release..!
    02-11-09 11:03 AM
    I haven't been keeping up lately... What is a hybrid version??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sith has released 3 hybrids beginning label .100. Go to that thread to find the latest. It is a combo of the good points of .90 and .99
    02-11-09 11:05 AM
    I would love to try out the .99 but I'm running windows 7 and saw the warning posted that it would kill my storm =( Not sure why! I hope that doesn't happen with the official release..!
    the official release should come OTA- wireless over the air.
    02-11-09 11:06 AM
    OS will tell your device how to work. As nrw ones come up errors or bugs get fixed and the device works better. Read the forums, the latest one is hybrid .101
    02-11-09 11:07 AM
    not to pee on your parade, but do a little more research before upgrading. if you dont even know what an OS will do.. thats kind of a sign that you shouldn't go trying to upgrade it. if you still feel comfortable doing so, by all means give it a whirl, but i'd wait until you have a better understanding (which isnt hard with the abundance of information and how-to/tutorials on crackberry alone.)
    02-11-09 11:10 AM
    Ya thanks. Not sure if i should try and do this or not. What kind of things are different wit the .99 and the OS that comes on the phone.
    02-11-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD