I won't be able to scan mine in till later tonight, but can someone scan their "tri-fold" Private sale flyer in? black out your phone number and address..

This flier does nothing else but give you impression that you have a shot at it early..

Also on Friday at 7am (store near me opens at 8am) i'm going to wake up and wait in line with the rest of the people in these forums

With that being said.. All those who are going to say "the flier doesn't say you can get it" are just flat out wrong... And i'll bet if you hand out a 100 to people on the street.. 99 will say it's a private sale and yes you can get these phones.. the other person is an over thinking nerd that is to scared to say anything and throws it out around the corner.

I say it's misleading.. Maybee we can post a Vote after a picture is up?

ok so i called this morning just to make sure, and yes and after 15 minutes of being open the salesperson told me they already had several pissed off people in the showroom with these looking for the storm and they didn't know anything about the flier.
    11-17-08 05:46 PM
    just called local store, said today, so far, has been a nightmare with the flyers...
    11-17-08 05:54 PM
    To be honest...the flyer does state "coming soon" by the Storms name. I honestly did not think that I could somehow get it on the 17th. It would be nice, but I thought about it logically once I knew that the official release date was Nov. 21. They aren't going to release this thing early to the masses. I can definitely see how it is misleading, however, if we all use some common sense we can see that it is simply saying, starting on Monday, today, there is a sale that lasts until December 1st. During that time, on Nov. 21, the Storm comes out.

Not too sure why people are getting so angry. They told you it's not out til the 21st, we expected that, so wait a few more days. You'll get yours...
    11-17-08 05:58 PM
    I'm not too upset about it in terms of release date. But what I am curious about is whether or not you can argue some type of discount since it says "Best prices, exclusive deals." Lol a Storm @ $199 is not exclusive...
    11-17-08 06:05 PM
    To be honest...the flyer does state "coming soon" by the Storms name. I honestly did not think that I could somehow get it on the 17th. It would be nice, but I thought about it logically once I knew that the official release date was Nov. 21. They aren't going to release this thing early to the masses. I can definitely see how it is misleading, however, if we all use some common sense we can see that it is simply saying, starting on Monday, today, there is a sale that lasts until December 1st. During that time, on Nov. 21, the Storm comes out.

Not too sure why people are getting so angry. They told you it's not out til the 21st, we expected that, so wait a few more days. You'll get yours...
    I feel the same way and have no prob waiting for it.. BUT i'm one who like to look at things from "what would the average person think" And a quick call to the store said that the flier was in fact misleading.

Again.. see you on the 21st!!
    11-17-08 06:07 PM
    I'm not too upset about it in terms of release date. But what I am curious about is whether or not you can argue some type of discount since it says "Best prices, exclusive deals." Lol a Storm @ $199 is not exclusive...
    My flyer does NOT list any price for the Storm. It's clearly a "coming soon" advert. However, I think because I know the release date is the 21st, it was clearer to me.
    11-17-08 06:08 PM
    I took my little flier into my VZW store and NO ONE knew what it was for. I thought (assumed) that they would have dummies or perhaps demos to try out...nothing.

Big let down. I will see you all in line on Friday.
    11-17-08 06:10 PM
    Ok i scanned in the images.. anyone want to post them for me?
    11-17-08 06:55 PM
    Go down as you're replying and go down to additional options and add the pictures from there as links and post. Then you can edit and click on the pics, right click on the pic, then click properties highlight the location that says crackberry.com/.....jpg and add on top with the editor as a pic and paste the link and repost.
    11-17-08 07:01 PM
    My flyer does NOT list any price for the Storm. It's clearly a "coming soon" advert. However, I think because I know the release date is the 21st, it was clearer to me.
    Front Page of flyer says

"You're Invited.
    November 17-21
    The Verizon Wireless Private Sale.
    You'll Find our Hottest devices at our best Prices.
    Only for our most valued customers.

INTRODUCING the Blackberry Storm
    Exclusively from Verizon Wireless."

The on the inside is also says Introducing the Storm
    11-17-08 07:02 PM
    Go down as you're replying and go down to additional options and add the pictures from there as links and post. Then you can edit and click on the pics, right click on the pic, then click properties highlight the location that says crackberry.com/.....jpg and add on top with the editor as a pic and paste the link and repost.
    Attached are the pics.. i'll embed them in next post
    11-17-08 07:19 PM
    Attached are the pics.. i'll embed them in next post
    Wow ... that's very different from my flyer. What you scanned is much more deceptive than mine.
    11-17-08 07:21 PM
    Please take a good look at those pics... and if you can honestly tell me this is "clearly" a coming soon... because i don't clearly see coming soon.. i see... i'm invited to a private sale and i take my "ALL ACCESS PASS" with me.

Again i called in and confirmed what A LOT of other people said.. that the flier is BS. But it just boils my blood on how intentionally misleading this is. Again proven by the fact that my local verizon store said this flier was a nightmare for them today.
    11-17-08 07:26 PM
    bah beat me to it
    11-17-08 07:26 PM

If this looks like a coming soon flyer to you... then you are in a different world then me.
    11-17-08 07:39 PM
    Looks like an advert for the Storm along side an invitation to buy the Voyager for $79.99 (the lowest price available on it). Yes, I agree, the marketing dept gave you eyecandy that confuses you, but it really is just a combo flyer.
    11-17-08 08:18 PM
    there are several different flyers out...that is part of the confusion. the early upgrade one is pretty clear that the storm is coming soon...the one here...not so much.
    11-17-08 09:17 PM
    Looks like an advert for the Storm along side an invitation to buy the Voyager for $79.99 (the lowest price available on it). Yes, I agree, the marketing dept gave you eyecandy that confuses you, but it really is just a combo flyer.
    Thats not a complete scan as the flier was long and also listed several other phones.. and on the end of this... there was a "Pass" that you were to tear off the flier in order to receive the sale

The pass is in all red and states...

--------------------------------------
    The Private
    SALE
    ALL-ACCESS-PASS
    November 17-21
    Exclusive Deals
    BEST PRICES
    Limited Time Only
    Present this card to receive offer
    ---------------------------------------

and you are to tear that off
    11-17-08 09:28 PM
    Add to the flyer misinformed reps promising either the purchase of the device or a pre-order during the private sales events. Verizon certainly didn't have a single message/unified front on these pre-release events. Everyone at Verizon from tele operators to store employees have been giving out a different message.

I'm not an Apple or AT&T fan but I'll give them this... they had a single message at launch. It was mum until there was a date & then it was the same official message from all fronts. Some blogs jumped on rumors but if you talked to someone from AT&T or Apple you got the same response. Verizon could learn a thing from them when it comes to customer message.

Personally I have been told at least 4 different things from Verizon employees this week & then there are these flyers.
    Last edited by Crack.Berry; 11-17-08 at 09:37 PM.
    11-17-08 09:34 PM
    Add to the flyer misinformed reps promising either the purchase of the device or a pre-order during the private sales events. Verizon certainly didn't have a single message/unified front on these pre-release events. Everyone at Verizon from tele operators to store employees have been giving out a different message.

I'm not an Apple or AT&T fan but I'll give them this... they had a single message at launch. It was mum until there was a date & then it was the same official message from all fronts. Some blogs jumped on rumors but if you talked to someone from AT&T or Apple you got the same response. Verizon could learn a thing from them when it comes to customer message.
    I was thinking the same thing

I'm not a Mac Fanboy, but their marketing is pretty straight forward simple and to the point. Heck they even listed a date and made it like a Freaking holiday.

i'm sure if flyers like this were sent out the Mac fanboys would have been down AT&T's throat.

Again i have no problem waiting. But i HATE when companies intentionally try and mislead, and send out material knowing that it's deceptive. I sent to a few friends of mine and they laughed on how bad this flyer is.

See you guys/gals in line in the cold on Friday
    11-17-08 09:40 PM
    I was thinking the same thing

I'm not a Mac Fanboy, but their marketing is pretty straight forward simple and to the point. Heck they even listed a date and made it like a Freaking holiday.

i'm sure if flyers like this were sent out the Mac fanboys would have been down AT&T's throat.

Again i have no problem waiting. But i HATE when companies intentionally try and mislead, and send out material knowing that it's deceptive. I sent to a few friends of mine and they laughed on how bad this flyer is.

See you guys/gals in line in the cold on Friday
    I agree with you. I started a thread earlier today about how Verizon's mixed messages from employees and marketing materials could be creating a negative experience with their customer base. People jumped all over me in that thread. I was accused of being a troll, anti-verizon & anti-storm for daring to question Verizon's message to customers. I'm glad others see this mixed message from Verizon too.
    Last edited by Crack.Berry; 11-17-08 at 09:51 PM.
    11-17-08 09:49 PM
    The "invitations" must be different based on geographical location.
    This is the one I have.
    I don't know if you all can see it that well, but it clearly shows they are only introducing the Storm, and the invitation is for the LG Voyager, LG Venus, and the LG enV2.

Attachment 6021

Attachment 6022

Attachment 6023
    11-17-08 09:49 PM
    Yours is much better and "more clear"

but mine has nothing stating specifics like yours does..
    11-17-08 09:58 PM
    My flier also lists the Voyager then next to that the Glyde then the LG enV2 with descriptions that's it... no small print, nothing else. the first is the front of the fold out... and my is about 4.5 inches tall and like 20 inches wide as it folds out wide and thin.

11-17-08 10:03 PM
    Yours is much better and "more clear"

but mine has nothing stating specifics like yours does..
    here are some more pics taken from treo 650
    11-17-08 10:12 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD