Ok, so last night i charged my phone up 100%. Woke up this morn, didnt leave it on the charger all night, and it was down to less than half of battery. Then i get to work and i see the blinking light frozen so i pick it up and click the screen and then it proceeds to reset itself. Mind you i have quick pull scheduled to go off every morn at 4:30am, so theres no way it was in need for a reset. So then when it finishes going through the reset, it shows the battery on the very last cell in yellow. WTF!!!!! Has this happened to anyone else before?
    05-28-09 10:39 AM
    Did you leave a program running in the background that uses the radio or GPS? Like. Like a twitter client, Instant Messenger, or Google Maps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:04 AM
    Well, quick pull is not the same as a cold reset. It resets the phone...kind of. But not like actually pulling out the battery. I don't think that would be a problem in this case anyways. Do you have any leaked OS's installed?
    05-28-09 11:11 AM
    Hmm, no im pretty diligent about closing apps so i dont think i left anything open. The OS im running is fresh out the box .75. Its weird i had the phone since Dec. and i never really ran into an issue until now =///. Seems to be running smoothly now, although i havent really been on it too heavy, few txts here and there otherwise its been sitting on my desk on the charger.
    05-28-09 03:07 PM
    I had this issue once. Once I upgraded my Os, it stopped. The solid red light with the black screen is the low battery shutoff. Something probably was running overnight that caused massive battery usage. My storm was plugged in and was drained. Haven't seen this problem since the upgrade to any OS.
    05-28-09 04:45 PM
    It's possible that your battery is going bad. It happens. Before you charge it tonight, why don't you try a battery pull and leave it out for 5 minutes. Put it back in and let it charge. I had read somewhere on here that RIM recommends 5 minute pulls for persistent problems, but I don't know if it's true. It can't hurt to try. You might also try installing .148 and see how it does. If it's the battery, Verizon will probably replace it for free.

Grey
    05-28-09 06:15 PM
    Happened to me a little while ago, i started disabling apps and themes until i found the culprit. Sometimes apps are doing more on your phone than you might think... we set all permissions to allow without a thought to how the software was actually coded sometimes. Not a lot of software is built specifically for the storm. Often just moded or not even. This means there are tonnnns of potential variables in just the apps and themes we have that could be doing different things to our phones
    05-28-09 06:18 PM
    It's possible that your battery is going bad. It happens. Before you charge it tonight, why don't you try a battery pull and leave it out for 5 minutes. Put it back in and let it charge. I had read somewhere on here that RIM recommends 5 minute pulls for persistent problems, but I don't know if it's true. It can't hurt to try. You might also try installing .148 and see how it does. If it's the battery, Verizon will probably replace it for free.

Grey
    Is there a possibility that overcharging will damage the battery?
    05-28-09 06:53 PM
    its really common in the current official blackberry storm os to get random reboots..

its a problem in the OS

as far as the battery going down.

If you are running anything that connects to get information on its own such as viigo or something it can drain your battery faster.

Also if you are in a location that does not get great reception this will drain your battery quicker.
    05-28-09 06:54 PM
    Is there a possibility that overcharging will damage the battery?
    Lithium Ion battery technology is supposed to prevent damage from over charging, so I would say no.

Also, in regards to other apps draining your battery, they definitely can, but I've always run the ever bashed WeatherBug on my Storm with 30 minute updates and get between 24 to 48 hours of battery life. I think the biggest drain of all is a poor signal (or a poor radio from a bad OS that gets a poor signal). Your phone is in a constant search for signal and it will wipe you out in about 4 to 6 hours in my experience.

Grey
    05-28-09 07:50 PM
    Lithium Ion battery technology is supposed to prevent damage from over charging, so I would say no.

Also, in regards to other apps draining your battery, they definitely can, but I've always run the ever bashed WeatherBug on my Storm with 30 minute updates and get between 24 to 48 hours of battery life. I think the biggest drain of all is a poor signal (or a poor radio from a bad OS that gets a poor signal). Your phone is in a constant search for signal and it will wipe you out in about 4 to 6 hours in my experience.

Grey
    Thanks for the INFO. Grey.I appreciate that!
    05-31-09 05:59 PM
    Well, quick pull is not the same as a cold reset. It resets the phone...kind of. But not like actually pulling out the battery. I don't think that would be a problem in this case anyways. Do you have any leaked OS's installed?
    A quickpull is the same as a "cold" i.e. hard reset
    05-31-09 07:39 PM
    A quickpull is the same as a "cold" i.e. hard reset

+1 basically all either method does is reset the device...

thats all there is to it
    05-31-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD