Can someone please explain this whole poke thing with the new os. Like break it down as best as possible. I'm stupid when it comes to this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 04:50 PM
    Can someone please explain this whole poke thing with the new os. Like break it down as best as possible. I'm stupid when it comes to this

If you wait for the "poke" to come to your phone, it is a notification that will show up on your home screen. Like getting an email or a text message... except I am assuming it will have its own little symbol.
    05-30-09 04:53 PM
    And I think it depends on the last one or two numbers of your phone number. They're starting with 0 and working their way up so depending on your number you may not see it for a couple of days. I think
    05-30-09 04:56 PM
    But what's with the day 1 2 and 11

05-30-09 04:57 PM
    But what's with the day 1 2 and 11

Huh? Not sure what you're asking. The OS will be pushed out over 11 days... on the first day of pokes, they will start with phone numbers ending in 0... so depending on what your phone number ends with, you may be waiting days to get the poke.
    05-30-09 05:03 PM
    poke = OTA notofication

it's in sequential order based on the last digit of your phone number.

that's all you really need to know

you can do the DM upgrade as soon as the OS is posted on the blackberry.com website, or you can manually request an OTA before you get the poke. so monday, go into "wireless update" and check for updates.
    05-30-09 05:03 PM

Hey patches....
    Is this the Icon that people will see for the "Poke"?
    Last edited by MePascal; 10-11-10 at 02:12 PM.
    05-30-09 07:19 PM

Hey patches....
    Is this the Icon that people will see for the "Poke"?
    I thought it was a little yellow globe and it would show up on you home screen. I could be wrong though. It also might depend on which theme you are using.
    05-30-09 09:40 PM
    the little yellow globe is for the "browser messages"...the icon pictured is for the wireless OS update...
    05-31-09 10:13 PM
    This thread gave me a chuckle. Since we so many storm updates people don't know what the push update is or the icon for it.
    05-31-09 10:21 PM
    the little yellow globe is for the "browser messages"...the icon pictured is for the wireless OS update...
    Hey patches joing the the fun it has been busy here.
    05-31-09 10:32 PM
    yeah i bounced out like lunchtime yesterday and just getting back on. figured i avoided most of the crap storm...but i couldn't leave too many n00bs helpless without their precious patches...
    05-31-09 10:35 PM
    You mean the people that did not look for this sticky before they did their ota or upgrade. I swear must have pasted it more that 50 times. lol

Well I am punching out. see you around

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...source-213706/
    05-31-09 10:56 PM
    This thread gave me a chuckle. Since we so many storm updates people don't know what the push update is or the icon for it.
    That's because we get so few updates

05-31-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD