Any creative wizard out there able to create a Callrec type program? If you aren't familiar with it, the program records both sides of a phonecall with a push of a button. (Callrec is only available on Palm OS.) This is the best and most useful program I have ever used on a phone.......with that said, I don't want to give up the Storm for it.

I have searched this topic and read the old replies. PLEASE don't turn this thread into a law class, I am a police officer and am quite versed in the legalities of recording conversations....
    02-19-09 07:47 PM
    Any creative wizard out there able to create a Callrec type program? If you aren't familiar with it, the program records both sides of a phonecall with a push of a button. (Callrec is only available on Palm OS.) This is the best and most useful program I have ever used on a phone.......with that said, I don't want to give up the Storm for it.

I have searched this topic and read the old replies. PLEASE don't turn this thread into a law class, I am a police officer and am quite versed in the legalities of recording conversations....
    If you can't wait for someone to write an app to do this, (if one can be written), you can do what I do for now, and use a pass-thru earbud mic (costs about $15) plugged into a digital recorder. Granted it's certainly not as easy to use as a built-in app would be, but it does the job for me and the sound quality is perfect. I'm an attorney and a private investigator, so you won't get any legal lectures from me. I assume you know the various laws as well as I do.
    02-19-09 10:52 PM
    I just bought an Olympus ear piece today! This is nice for the planned calls, but Callrec was great when receiving directions or long "honey do" lists.....it's not all about violating people rights

Thanks for the suggestion though.
    02-19-09 11:10 PM
    I used CallRec on my Treo as well. I really miss it. I hope some developer will come up with an app that does the same thing.
    04-05-09 12:22 AM
    Someone please create a call recording program for blackberry. This is, by far, the most significant loss in going from Palm to Blackberry. CallRec was ESSENTIAL if you use your phone constantly. I could be mobile, using my phone with the bluetooth speaker and could go back and review a conversation to make sure I didn't miss anything a vendor said. Invaluable for the project manager!!
    07-30-09 04:02 PM
    I know you can do this if somebody calls your Google Voice number. You just press 4 at the prompt after answering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 04:12 PM
    That's crazy, my dumbphone (enV) had this function built in......why doesn't a device as sophisticated as a blackberry have it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 04:48 PM
    There is Berry Record. May fit your needs.
    07-30-09 04:50 PM
    i got 1 extra google voice invite if someone wants it for free just pm me your email so u can have the call rec feature
    07-30-09 11:46 PM
    Just got off of the phone with RIM. Was told that there was no such application and that the only way to "suggest" that one be developed is to send an email to:

ideaprocess @ rim.com

I am an attorney and you cannot believe how quickly things settle when I play a person's own words back for them.

In researching this issue for the past six months, I now believe that the only way to get RIM to understand how serious we are about wanting this app. is by emailing enmass and (if we are able) then voting with our feet (i.e. leaving Blackberry). I hoped it wouldn't come to that but recording calls is legal in my state as long as 1 party consents, and I NEED the ability to do this. Please join with me and let's see if we can wake these Canadians up.
    12-23-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD