Hmm, can someone confirm that the process I went through is the "norm" and I didn't get a ******** CS rep?

When I called, I got a normal CS guy, who said that he wasn't able to do any ordering of replacements, only the tech guys over in Tier 2 CS can order replacements after diagnosing the issue. So I got transferred to Tier 2, who after making me wipe my phone and do some diagnostic tests, agreed to send me a new replacement. I asked for a tracking number, but he said that the only way to get a tracking number is to physically call back after the phone had shipped: there is no method in place whereby the user is notified automatically and given a tracking number when the item ships. So the only way for me to know if my phone has shipped is to call back everyday.

Is this how it went for the rest of you guys? I'm reading the posts, and it sounds like some of you just spoke with one CS who didn't diagnose anything and was able to order you a replacement. It also sounds like you guys are getting emailed your tracking numbers, or at least being notified when your phone ships? The CS rep I spoke to specifically said that there is no way to get your tracking number or know that your storm has shipped unless you call in... Did I get a stupid CS, or is that just how it works?
    12-03-08 10:02 PM
    they sent me an email with order number two days after placed. then email with tracking number
    12-03-08 10:22 PM
    I just went into a store and raised ****. I walked out with a new unit...

Although I am use to getting what I want..
    12-03-08 10:32 PM
    My screen click problems aren't terrible, but there is a noticeable difference with a couple of cut down business cards between the battery and the battery cover.

I called a couple of hours ago and was connected to tech support for blackberry data. I told the rep that I had "screen clicking issues at the edges and particularly in the corners of the screen." The rep told me I had to upgrade to the latest OS 4.7.0.75 to see if that would solve the issues prior to getting a replacement. He told me to get the update at BlackBerry® Software Updates, install it, see if it fixed the issues, and call back if it did not. I mentioned that I didn't think the .75 release was out yet and he said it was.

I went to the site, downloaded and ran the executable file, which stated .65 right in the file name, launched DM, and tried to update the OS. Well, as I suspected (because of all the info I get from the nice people at crackberry.com) there was no official .75 OS release available yet.

I called back and explained what I had done to the next tech rep and she said she could order me a replacement but it wouldn't arrive until the 15th. She did state that I would get an email confirming the order tomorrow. The email likely won't have a shipment tracking # as the phone will not have shipped yet. It will likely be a link to track the order status through the verizon website. The second rep also helped me get logged into the Verizon/Blackberry BIS site where you can got to validate your email accounts, resend your service books, and switch devices if you switch phones so that your email keeps getting pushed to the new device.

On a side note...She was very nice, helpful, and pleasant which I appreciate (for all you VZW reps checking the forums who usually only hear complaints). It's not surprising that when I treat the person on the other end of the phone with courtesy and respect I get the same in return.
    12-03-08 10:33 PM
    Very true Scoot. To get respect, ya gotta give it. Anyways since joining Verizon (only 3 days now) I've already talked to about 3 different people and each and every one of them gave EXCELLENT CS. No wonder they have good rep. Can't say that about everyone ya know.
    12-03-08 10:37 PM
    i got mine replaced. they are sending a new one. the other person im taling too sounds muffeled like there digital lol. and the signal fades.
    and it just sucks!
    12-03-08 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD