Goto options-->advanced-->Sim Card

When I click on mine it says no valid sim card detected. Is this the way it supposed to be????
    01-01-09 12:03 PM
    I'd also check to make sure the SIM is inserted correctly... and that you have one. If it's backwards or not in, you'll definitely get that message.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 01-01-09 at 12:09 PM.
    01-01-09 12:05 PM
    Mine says:

Sim Card: Security Disabled
    ID: (a bunch of numbers)
    01-01-09 12:06 PM
    I'm not seeing the same thing you are; I can't recreate the error message you're getting.

Jay
    01-01-09 12:07 PM
    JRS may be correct, I do NOT have a Global Plan but shouldn't it detect the Sim Card? Do you other guys live in the US and do you have a Global plan???

Thanks for the help
    Charlie C
    01-01-09 12:11 PM
    Mine has the same thing as "The Farmer" posted. No problems or error messages here.
    01-01-09 12:11 PM
    JRS may be correct, I do NOT have a Global Plan but shouldn't it detect the Sim Card? Do you other guys live in the US and do you have a Global plan???

Thanks for the help
    Charlie C
    Nope, no global plan. Infact, I don't even have the GSM modem turned on. I have it set to 1XEV only.
    01-01-09 12:15 PM
    Mine says "No valid SIM card" as well.
    01-01-09 12:17 PM
    Mine says:

Mine is like this also
    01-01-09 12:20 PM
    Mine says:

yep x3 booya
    01-01-09 12:24 PM
    Should I remove and reinsert? or is there a setting on the phone I have to change? I guess pull battery pull out and reinsert Sim card then start back up or do I remove the Sim, start up the phone, shut down and then reinsert???????? Also when looking at back of phone I see the Verizon Logo, I guess thats inserted correctly?

Thanks all
    Charlie C
    01-01-09 12:28 PM
    Another non issue here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 12:28 PM
    Mine also shows: SIM Card : Security Disabled
    and then shows the SIM Card ID number

I also have only 1XEV enabled

on Verizon in USA
    01-01-09 12:29 PM
    Mine also shows: SIM Card : Security Disabled
    and then shows the SIM Card ID number

I also have only 1XEV enabled

on Verizon in USA
    I have the same as ^
    01-01-09 12:31 PM
    Mine is a UK model and it says -
    ID: (Lots of numbers)
    Phone Number: (My Number)
    01-01-09 12:36 PM
    Should I remove and reinsert? or is there a setting on the phone I have to change? I guess pull battery pull out and reinsert Sim card then start back up or do I remove the Sim, start up the phone, shut down and then reinsert???????? Also when looking at back of phone I see the Verizon Logo, I guess thats inserted correctly?

Thanks all
    Charlie C
    Is your phone working correctly? If so, don't worry too much about the SIM card. Unless your phone is unlocked or you have/need the global plan.

And yes, if you see the Verizon logo on the SIM when it's inserted it's in correctly. It only goes in one way
    01-01-09 12:38 PM
    Well I pulled the card and reinserted and same thing, no valid sim card
    detected. I plan to use the phone when I travel overseas so this is a big problem for me. Do you think it is a faulty sim card????
    01-01-09 12:53 PM
    Well I pulled the card and reinserted and same thing, no valid sim card
    detected. I plan to use the phone when I travel overseas so this is a big problem for me. Do you think it is a faulty sim card????

I am getting the same thing and I will also be going overseas. I am wondering if this will change when I activate the global plan? The last thing I need is to get all the way over there and not be able to fix it.

Hopefully someone has some better insight in to this issue as it sounds like lots of people see different things on their phones.
    01-01-09 05:15 PM
    ok I called Verizon, they had me pull battery then re-pull the Sim card. reinstall then reboot. When I pullet the card I did wipe the contacts with alcohol.
    On the reboot it did detect the Sim Card. The Tech did tell me there was a batch of defective sim cards out there. I asked if it was possible I had one, she said no, the bad ones would not be detected period.....

Charlie C
    01-01-09 05:38 PM
    Unless you are subscribed to a global plan, your SIM card is disabled. If you are traveling to a GSM country outside the U.S., then the SIM card will be added by Global Support. I also recommend unless you're going to be going overseas, you should follow my instructions in the How To section (link: SIM Card Rejected Fix to disable your SIM card so you don't get the "SIM Card Rejected" message. Since you aren't on a Global plan, it should look like this:

Last edited by Vulcan500Rider; 01-01-09 at 07:04 PM.
    01-01-09 06:59 PM
    ok I called Verizon, they had me pull battery then re-pull the Sim card. reinstall then reboot. When I pullet the card I did wipe the contacts with alcohol.
    On the reboot it did detect the Sim Card. The Tech did tell me there was a batch of defective sim cards out there. I asked if it was possible I had one, she said no, the bad ones would not be detected period.....

Charlie C
    Just tried that with mine, and nothing changed. Not really a big deal though, as I'll likely never have to use it outside of the US and Canada. I suppose I could probably go down to the VZW store and get them to swap it.........not that I really need it.
    01-01-09 07:03 PM

Charlie C
    May not a be one from the original bad batch... but could still have gone bad somehow. We had one of these in a batch we got for work and we took it down to Verizon, they replaced the SIM card and voila... problem solved.
    01-01-09 07:52 PM
    I noticed that my voice quality is 100% better now that the Sim card issue is resolved. I verified this with a few calls to family as well as calling my home answering machine and listening to the vocal quality. The muffled voice disappeared! I also noticed the Web Browser is faster. Is this possible?
    Running OS .75.

Charlie C
    01-01-09 09:44 PM
    I read the complete string of posts. My question is this. If the Sim card is activated will this prevent the sim card error message?

Charlie C
    01-01-09 09:54 PM
    Mine says:

same thins as me...
    01-01-09 09:58 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD