First let me say, I love my Storm. I have a cousin with an iPhone, and a kid with an iPod touch. I wouldn't trade my Storm for the world. But according to this article Setting the iPhone free from AT&T - Wireless- msnbc.com there are alot of people trying to "free" the iPhone from it's exclusive deal. In fact, they want to make it so that NO exclusive contracts would exist.

Like I said, I'd be loving my Storm either way, but with all the rants we see about it, does everyone think the Storm could survive an iPhone on the open market?
    03-04-09 02:00 PM
    No. Already it still does not provide enough competition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 02:08 PM
    If the iPhone were released for Verizon there would be a mass exodus from Blackberry. The iPhone does not require BES to sync calendars with exchange, there is a great VPN client, and web 2.0 browser, none of which available for the Storm. RIM is losing its grip on enterprise users, fast, times have changed.
    03-04-09 02:12 PM
    na i dont think so ether!
    03-04-09 02:15 PM
    If the iPhone were released for Verizon there would be a mass exodus from Blackberry. The iPhone does not require BES to sync calendars with exchange, there is a great VPN client, and web 2.0 browser, none of which available for the Storm. RIM is losing its grip on enterprise users, fast, times have changed.
    There'd be a mass exodus from the Storm, but not from the full QWERTY models (which, really, are where most of BlackBerry's enterprise users factor in anyway). Maybe smaller business enterprise users can get away with substituting an iPhone for a BlackBerry, but many larger corporate clients can't.
    03-04-09 02:17 PM
    iphone is going to get struck by storm!
    03-04-09 02:20 PM
    I agree with the post #5. probably the Storm would lose out, but not BB as a whole. You also have to consider VZW's data plan is currently around double the price of BB's BIS, and it's even more costly than the BB BES plan. So BB's would still be popular with Verizon.
    03-04-09 02:23 PM
    I think touch screens are the future. When people can work form the golf course, that is reason enough. The "web 2.0" browser on the iPhone is awesome, a couple of our web based applications "just work" on it, and it is awesome.
    03-04-09 02:26 PM
    The iPhone is NOT a business device. It's an amazing multimedia device, but as a phone/email device it is poor.
    03-04-09 03:42 PM
    The iPhone is NOT a business device. It's an amazing multimedia device, but as a phone/email device it is poor.
    Why? I would say syncing OTA inbox, calendars and contacts with OWA is an awesome feature that is lacking from ANY BB. (I realize that BES can sync calendars, but it is expensive and crap software)
    03-04-09 03:51 PM
    . . . You also have to consider VZW's data plan is currently around double the price of BB's BIS, and it's even more costly than the BB BES plan. . .
    I think you might be confusing the mobile data plan for BroadbandAccess (i.e., laptop mobile broadband) and the unlimited internet and e-mail for non-BB smartphones. The 5GB BroadbandAccess plan is $60. But the standard PDA/Smartphone data add-ons are exactly the same price price as the BB plans. IMAP/POP3 email + unlimited web = $29.99, while unlimited data (i.e., desktop sync with push e-mail) is $44.99).

I like my Storm. A lot. It's great for e-mail. But I would drop it in a heartbeat for a CDMA iPhone. Yeah, I know, that doesn't make me any friends around here...
    03-04-09 04:22 PM

I like my Storm. A lot. It's great for e-mail. But I would drop it in a heartbeat for a CDMA iPhone. Yeah, I know, that doesn't make me any friends around here...
    Most people around here would do the same, contrary to what they say.
    03-04-09 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD