I'm starting to love suretype more, but I have issues with some words. For example, if I type "haha" which I do a lot, it always writes it as "gags" and then haha is the 2nd option in the list I have to choose. Is there any way to make one a default over the other, or delete gags from the dictionary?
    04-18-09 06:21 PM
    Suretype will eventually remember and recognize frequently used words.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 06:53 PM
    You can always add words as you like

Options ~ Custom Dictionary

04-18-09 07:20 PM
    I must write haha every other message, it's been a couple weeks it still doesn't put it first, it's also in my custom dictionary, it just never seems to take the custom dictionary first.

Another question, is there a way to "force" it into taking letters?
    For example, say i wanted to type a word that's not really a word. If I press GH it types G, but then say I press UI, it types "hi" but can I force it when I press GH to write just G, then press UI and force it to write just U etc?
    04-18-09 08:14 PM
    If you're using the portrait mode SureType, then I would suggest to turn your Storm 90 degrees and use the full qwerty keyboard. Otherwise, you can use Multitap or start entering in a bunch of "non-words" into the custom dictionary

04-18-09 08:47 PM
    i dont think theres a way. Its a pet peeve of mine too. with the gags>haha. and I also get babr instead of babe. Is babr even a word..?
    04-18-09 09:52 PM
    I know lol, I do turn it to landscape. It's more annoying when I wanted to write say "Soooooo" or "Ohhhhh" it's frustrating. Thanks though!
    04-18-09 10:03 PM
    I believe they're alphabetically sorted. I may be wrong. I'm guessing based on my use.

04-18-09 10:53 PM
    Well, do you ever type gags? You could go into autotext and make it so gags switches to haha automatically =)

04-18-09 11:16 PM
    Haha that's a great idea! Normally I use landscape but lately been really into suretype since you can type one handed fast, and I find it's better use of the screen real estate since you can see more of the chat window above, see if someones typing etc. I'll just do that thanks.
    04-18-09 11:29 PM
    Sort of funny, I just changed it, and ironically when I went to test it, I typed haha and haha came up first gags second. I erase it and type again then its gags, press space and it goes to haha, so looks like it finally learned what to put first lol.
    04-18-09 11:31 PM
    Haha
    Just by hitting the backspace key removes most unwanted substitutions.

04-18-09 11:48 PM
    lol. Yea, I posted this in another thread. But be sure to always double check any text or email you send after typing it in Suretype. I was just accepted into grad school a month ago, and had I not double checked my text messages and emails, everyone would have thought I was going to "head school" instead. lol.

Comes in handy to be a perfectionist at times
    04-18-09 11:58 PM
    you can also change the "minimum size word to check" in options/ spell check to 5...that would work for "haha" because it wouldn't kick in to check it.

Works great for lol, omg, all those little short cuts that we use.
    04-19-09 12:03 AM
    I'm starting to love suretype more, but I have issues with some words. For example, if I type "haha" which I do a lot, it always writes it as "gags" and then haha is the 2nd option in the list I have to choose. Is there any way to make one a default over the other, or delete gags from the dictionary?
    Go into the Memo Pad (or any typing app) and type the word, select it from the list, hit space and repeat until it catches on. Then discard and it should pick up your new choice for the default word. Keep typing the word over and over once it changes to the default if you don't want it to ever think you want the other option.

Frequently used words not auto selected should go in custom dictionary. Hope that helps!

06-19-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD