Hello all!

Unfortunately, my storm does not receive any reception at my home. Since the Storm doesn't have WIFI, it's basically useless when I'm not at work.

I was thinking, that since it has bluetooth, that I'd be able to add a bluetooth adapter to my computer, and share the internet connection.

I went a purchased one, set it up, and configured it to share my internet connection. I got the Storm to pair with the bluetooth adapter, but the Storm doesn't appear to offer any options to use bluetooth to access the internet.

So, I'm stuck. I called our Verizon rep, and he said that he didn't think it was possible either.
    Couldn't this be offered in an update to the phone's OS? This would 'kind of' make up (slightly) for lack of WIFI. Unless anyone has any tricks...?

Thanks!

-Ryan
    12-11-08 06:58 PM
    I think if you were to setup your computer as a BT PAN that things could work just fine. Not sure if DM actually passes the connection through the USB cable but that may work too. When I'm traveling around and can't get WiFi I use BT to tether my phone to the laptop and give the laptop network access. With BT 2.0 its quite reasonable and the need for USB isn't necessary anymore with BT2.0. I'm not sure how much latency I'm adding with that link though... At the moment I've not spent the time to figure out how to tether via USB in Linux.
    12-12-08 01:16 PM
    how do you tether the phone via blue tooth to your laptop for internet connection?
    12-12-08 01:31 PM
    how do you tether the phone via blue tooth to your laptop for internet connection?
    same as any other bluetooth device. setup your laptop to receive and then get your blackberry to look for the device. you have to add a $15 (a month) package on your service though for this to work.
    12-12-08 01:47 PM
    Ok. I have sprint. I can use the usb chord to get internet on my laptop through my phone no problem. I am getting a blue tooth dongle today. Once I hook them together will I still have to pay 15 a month to do this? And do I still just use the sprint connection manager?

Any tips and suggestions on what im going to be getting into tonight when I get home will be a great help. Thank you.
    03-10-09 10:21 AM
    Ok. I have sprint. I can use the usb chord to get internet on my laptop through my phone no problem. I am getting a blue tooth dongle today. Once I hook them together will I still have to pay 15 a month to do this? And do I still just use the sprint connection manager?

Any tips and suggestions on what im going to be getting into tonight when I get home will be a great help. Thank you.
    i believe you can use the sprint connection manager...
    03-10-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD