tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    12-03-08 09:32 PM
    hit the search function . . there are a crap load of posts on it including a pictorial within the first two pages.
    12-03-08 09:33 PM
    I saw a thread go by earlier today that had a pretty good tutorial.

Personally I use DVDShrink to rip and Handbrake to encode... movies from DVD look like HD on the Storm.
    12-03-08 09:35 PM
    TRY THE SEARCH BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM....IT WORKS.....No Bull....IT WORKS
    12-03-08 09:36 PM
    "Can anyone tell me how to put movies on the storm like the babylonAD that came on it"
    Why would you want something that crappy on your Storm?
    12-03-08 09:36 PM
    yeah yeah needs to be converted into mp4 format. i put alot of movies and stuff on my ipod so everything was already mp4. i just stuck them into the memory card via memory card slot on computer and that was that.

MOVIES LOOK GREAT!!
    12-03-08 09:37 PM
    yeah yeah needs to be converted into mp4 format. i put alot of movies and stuff on my ipod so everything was already mp4. i just stuck them into the memory card via memory card slot on computer and that was that.

MOVIES LOOK GREAT!!
    ooh k haha this actually works! If u got your videos already converted to MPG4 then its just drag and drop. I just tried this and thanks mob_fos4life for the helpful hint.
    04-12-09 01:09 PM
    Read and follow these directions, it will take about and hour per DVD.

DVD to Storm Walkthrough with Pictures

Enjoy
    04-12-09 01:40 PM
    I use Handbrake to rip and encode the dvd. Works great. Just choose the psp tab for your settings, then copy and paste it to your memory card.
    04-12-09 02:46 PM
    There are several ways to do it, but most of the free software has a lot of steps involved. I didn't like that so I purchased DVD Catalyst 3 for about $18 online. It does the entire process in one program. As for the ways to do it free you need to search the forums.
    04-12-09 05:19 PM
    I just use Handbtake and created a Storm specific profile with my tweaked settings. Of course I need to go buy some more sd cards now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 05:34 PM
    you have to download a free program called any video converter. you can google it. On this prgram there are various coversion settings and one of them is mobile phone conversion. If you upload any movie from your computer onto this program and click convert it will then go onto your storm. I have 10 movies on my storm and they play very good.
    04-12-09 06:33 PM
    what ? i just drag and drop into the media card, and it works perfectly fine. not converting, no 3rd party software.
    04-12-09 06:39 PM
    I just use Handbtake and created a Storm specific profile with my tweaked settings. Of course I need to go buy some more sd cards now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Will you please list the tweaked settings for Handbrake for reference? Thanks in advance.
    04-12-09 07:47 PM
    I tried Handbrake, it works but DVD To Go works better and is a lot easier to use. Movies are less the 1gb and look great. After movies are converted, just drag file from pc and drop into video folder on Storm.
    04-12-09 08:00 PM
    r all dese suggestions n full screen
    04-12-09 09:36 PM
    Magic DVD Ripper!! Magic DVD Ripper!! Magic DVD Ripper!!

Don't use anything else. It's the best. Forget Handbrake, DVD To Go, Wondershare, and anything else people suggest here. Magic DVD Ripper is fast (usually around 30 minutes to convert), no audio/video sync issues, and you don't need to go through 3000 settings to make it work.

There's a full trial version available. It allows you to convert five DVDs, completely. No watermarks, no partial conversion.

Magic DVD Ripper is the best!!!
    04-12-09 09:45 PM
    r all dese suggestions n full screen
    If you want full screen you'll have to either:
    1. find source material in 4:3 aspect ratio (best)
    2. scale and crop according (ugly)
    3. just scale (ugliest)
    04-12-09 10:00 PM
    i dont understand why it is needed to convert, when the media player plays all the files perfectly well in full screen. Does it really improve the quality that much ?
    04-12-09 10:02 PM
    i dont understand why it is needed to convert, when the media player plays all the files perfectly well in full screen. Does it really improve the quality that much ?
    1. I'm anal, so I feel I can convert movies with the settings that I like the best. (DVD -> mp4 using customized settings)
    2. Some videos are not encoded with codecs that the Storm supports, so they need to be transcoded.
    3. Some videos are too big, so you can scale them down to fit the Storm and save storage space.
    04-12-09 10:04 PM
    I tried Handbrake, it works but DVD To Go works better and is a lot easier to use. Movies are less the 1gb and look great. After movies are converted, just drag file from pc and drop into video folder on Storm.
    did you buy DVD To Go? if not where did you find it?
    04-13-09 06:14 PM
    DVD TO Go can be found in the crackberry appstore
    04-13-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD